MSC USA Total CruiseFlex extended to September 2022

DCGuy64

MSC USA has extended the period for taking advantage of its Total CruiseFlex policy. Instead of April 30, 2022, it's now been changed to September 30, 2022.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/total-cruiseflex

Seems like a good idea. We're hoping to sail with them in late August (Northern Europe), but in case that gets cancelled, we'll have a little more than a year to apply the funds.

• Like 1

Interesting wording as it now states all bookings made before May 31st, 2021.  I'll have to call and ask to ensure people who booked before August 5th, 2021 are now covered.  Previously I was not covered at all for several bookings I made before August 5th, 2021.

ETA: Too bad they changed it now because I recently cancelled a booking before final payment because I wasn't covered under the old Total CruiseFlex policy.

Edited by Até

Customer service agent told me this new extension is only for new bookings made from "now" until May 31st, 2021.  Any previous bookings made under the old Total CruiseFlex are still held to the old booking and sail by dates.  That really doesn't affect those bookings made after August 5th, but my bookings made before August 5th, 2020 are still not covered.  I sent an email to existing reservations to verify.

18 minutes ago, Até said:

Customer service agent told me this new extension is only for new bookings made from "now" until May 31st, 2021.  Any previous bookings made under the old Total CruiseFlex are still held to the old booking and sail by dates.  That really doesn't affect those bookings made after August 5th, but my bookings made before August 5th, 2020 are still not covered.  I sent an email to existing reservations to verify.

Could this be another case of an MSC agent being without a clue?

The link DC guy posted includes the following:

Valid on all cruises booked through May 31, 2021 AND departs on or before September 30, 2022 

Note their use of the word ALL and the absence of the word NEW.

Many of us will be very interested in the response to the email you sent. Please keep us in the loop. 

6 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Note their use of the word ALL and the absence of the word NEW.

My cynicism was sparked by the MSC US agent site's wording using the word "new":

• TOTAL CRUISEFLEX INCLUDES:
  • Any new booking made by May 31, 2021 on any valid promotion excluding World Cruises & World Cruise segments
  • Applicable on all cruises departing through September 30, 2022 excluding World Cruises & World Cruise Segments

https://www.mscbook.com/shop/us/mscb2bstoreus/promo/total-cruiseflex

Existing reservations has been pretty good about responding lately, hopefully I'll get a response tomorrow.

Copied both for future reference.

makes sense , as MSC would rather have cash on the books , even if forwarded to another cruise.

Addresses  those passengers “on the fence” and looking at final payment,  Most would probably cancel rather than be uncertain with sailing conditions and losing money.

this way, final payments are made .

7 hours ago, phissy said:

Copied both for future reference.

makes sense , as MSC would rather have cash on the books , even if forwarded to another cruise.

Addresses  those passengers “on the fence” and looking at final payment,  Most would probably cancel rather than be uncertain with sailing conditions and losing money.

this way, final payments are made .

They forced our hand exactly that way first week of March.  Final was due and no flex.  We cancelled.

• Like 1

Received the email response from MSC.  Bookings made prior to August 5th, 2020 still do not qualify for any Total CruiseFlex coverage.  They do not seem concerned that people with older bookings are cancelling before final payment.

6 hours ago, Até said:

Received the email response from MSC.  Bookings made prior to August 5th, 2020 still do not qualify for any Total CruiseFlex coverage.  They do not seem concerned that people with older bookings are cancelling before final payment.

Interesting and in direct conflict with MSC's own stated position of:

Valid on all cruises booked through May 31, 2021 AND departs on or before September 30, 2022.

No mention of any earlier dates.

Our TA advised us last week that our 3 upcoming MSC cruises, all booked prior to 8/5/20, are protected by the Total CruiseFlex coverage. If we are not able to sail for covid related reasons, I guess this all will be put to the test. 

Thanks for getting back with us. 

• Like 1

I'm mobile now, but in the US when the flex came out it had wording or dates to effect of new bookings from when program established.  In our case, we were already booked and were under terms and not covered by flex.

I'd be very cautious about where you fall.  We just surpassed one year waiting for our FCC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Interesting and in direct conflict with MSC's own stated position of...

With MSC what matters is the rules/policy in effect when you booked.  When I booked back in July there was only the Cruise Assurance plan and that is all I get.  I've clearly been told multiple times by MSC US that my bookings are not covered by the plans MSC implemented after my booking date.  I advise you contact MSC US directly and ask about your specific booking numbers.

MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com

Our TA was able to switch our reservation from July 18 to August 29. Note: the July 18 cruise was a substitute for a cancelled May 2020 cruise, and it (the July 18 one) was booked in August 2020. We are still covered and could, if necessary, rebook anything up until September 2022.