Mexico from San Diego in October....wrong to think going??

Kelownabccan

Just booked a balcony.....Koningsdam...end of October.....ready to go cruising again but we are in Canada.....and things getting worse here so who knows when the border or flights without a quarantine will go......probably a crap shoot.....but what the heck....can dream....lol.....

And we have had our first Pfizer shot....second to come within 4 months they say......that does not leave much time to get things going for cruises and what rules HAL will have....what are some of you thinking????

Keep healthy....

I'm thinking that it is too early to speculate anything.  The CDC is pointing fingers away from themselves regarding the Conditional Sailing Order when they are the only entity that closed cruising down and have control to make changes.  There are so many factors to consider.

Personally, I have 2 cruises booked in 2022, and am hoping HARD that cruises do get going toward the end of 2021 and that I might be able to grab a last minute deal.  I'm not booking anything for 2021 in advance, though.  That's just me, but I am truly unsure if cruises will be a thing in 2021, unfortunately.

• Like 1

CDC has a NO SAIL order until November 1st for U.S. ports so I don’t know how this cruise will go unless the order is rescinded.  I’m not saying it won’t but I would have a sharp eye on things before final payment.

Also, watch the Canadian Government travel advisories.  Right now there is an advisory NOT to cruise so any insurance you might have would be null and void if this is not removed.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m hoping our November cruise in Europe will go but I’m also a realist.  There is time for things to improve but unless they improve dramatically......

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kelownabccan said:

Just booked a balcony.....Koningsdam...end of October.....ready to go cruising again but we are in Canada.....and things getting worse here so who knows when the border or flights without a quarantine will go......probably a crap shoot.....but what the heck....can dream....lol.....

And we have had our first Pfizer shot....second to come within 4 months they say......that does not leave much time to get things going for cruises and what rules HAL will have....what are some of you thinking????

Keep healthy....

Second injection in 4 MONTHS? Wow, had Moderna and the second one was given 4 weeks later.

Well that is the latest dates here in BC....probably the same all over Canada.....originally it was a month but the nurse says up to 4 months now.....at least we have one shot.....who knows what is going to happen with this "new" Vaccine Passport.....and each country having its own....what a nightmare for security.....

• Like 2