July final payment update

tytanbri

I just received this email:

Final Payment Extension for July 2021 Cruise Departures from U.S. Homeports

Dear Carnival Cruise Line Guest:

We know you are eager to understand our plans for your sailing in July 2021 and we appreciate your patience as we continue to carefully monitor the evolving status of cruise travel from the U.S.  We realize this situation impacts your summer vacation plans and we want to provide you with maximum flexibility with the following options for your consideration:   

Final payment deadlines for all July 2021 sailings are being moved to May 31, 2021. 
  • We will certainly make a decision before this date, but this action will allow those who have not yet made final payment to wait until we have greater clarity on sailing before making payment.
Our previous offer for July 2021 itineraries to cancel without penalty is still in effect: 
  • If you keep your reservation and the cruise operates, we will provide you with a US$100, per cabin, onboard credit (OBC), as an expression of our appreciation for your loyalty. This credit is in addition to any other OBC offer in effect on your current reservation. 

If you wish to keep your reservation active, you do not need to take any action until May 31. 
  • If you choose to cancel your reservation, you may cancel at any time until May 31, 2021.  A full refund of any payment already made, including taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases, will be issued to the original form of payment.
    • If your booking did not already have a future cruise credit (FCC)/OBC and your cruise is eventually cancelled, you will not be eligible for any eventual rebooking offer made to guests who remain on the sailing.
    • If you booked with an FCC, you will receive a refund for any amount paid above the FCC.  You will retain the FCC and the accompanying OBC if your next cruise is booked by September 30, 2021, for a sailing departing by September 30, 2023.
We realize some guests may still have questions, so if you’re working with a travel advisor or a Carnival Personal Vacation Planner, they will also be able to support you.  You may also check on the status of your cruise at this  link.

Thank you for your patience and support.  We are dedicated to welcoming you aboard a Carnival ship just as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.carnivalcruiselineemail.com%2Flib%2Ffe9513727761047c7c%2Fm%2F16%2Fbd3f70f3-0423-4959-8e06-f79b51e6b9d9.jpg&t=1617733293&ymreqid=83324412-ad36-b36d-1ca5-96013501d600&sig=Zq6lJnFr9l4ybiuZbWNFhg--~D
Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line

30 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Just got the same email. At least I will not have to dump $2,500 for a cruise that will be canceled. ~4 more weeks for July to be canceled.

I was sorts surprised that they moved the payment until May 31st and then said they will certainly make a decision before that date. There is absolutely no reason to even wait until mid-May for a decision. I believe they really know they will not be sailing in July. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tytanbri said:

I believe they really know they will not be sailing in July. 

I too believe they know now and don't want to give up the money. All vacations are on hold for us until this one cancels. By the time they do, prices for this week for vacation will be beyond our means. If they offered me the $600 OBC to move my cruise to the one I already have booked, I would take that as an Option #3 right now.

3 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I too believe they know now and don't want to give up the money. All vacations are on hold for us until this one cancels. By the time they do, prices for this week for vacation will be beyond our means. If they offered me the $600 OBC to move my cruise to the one I already have booked, I would take that as an Option #3 right now.

I totally agree with you!