Upcoming Norway cruise

midwife

We are booked to do a Northern Europe including Norway and Russian from 2nd September 2021. I have not been able to find the cruise on the MSC website.  Our final payment is coming up so thought I would do our Web checkin. Found our booking number and name was correct but the cruise date was 4 May and the stateroom number was missing. Tried to go through contact us but when I put in the correct departure date and booking number got an error.

Lastly I have tried to call MSC  without success. 

Has anyone found this and is there a solution to the problem? 

Which ship were you on?  They have been making lots of changes lately and sounds like you are caught in that.  There have been several reports of changes like yours to dates, ships, ports, countries.

Just keep trying on the phone. I was on hold to them for nearly an hour before I managed to speak to someone. They will answer eventually and I found them really helpful when I did finally get through.

Similar issue to me. We have a cruise on the Virtuosa (now likely switched to Seaview) for 7 nights from Copenhagen beginning on 29 August. @midwife is your cruise 14 nights? Which ship and which experience (Bella, Fantastica, Aurea, Yacht Club)? I called MSC last week since our booking shows us on a 2 day cruise from Genoa to Barcelona starting on 28 April, which is obviously fake. The MSC agent said it's just a placeholder for now and that they are working on itineraries for later in the summer. No idea when that fix will be, but our final payment is due at the end of May. We're just going to wait and see what happens. If we're cancelled or don't like their solution, we'll rebook for later. In the meantime, we've booked an NCL cruise for September in case MSC doesn't work out. 

On 4/19/2021 at 4:44 PM, midwife said:

We are booked to do a Northern Europe including Norway and Russian from 2nd September 2021. I have not been able to find the cruise on the MSC website.  Our final payment is coming up so thought I would do our Web checkin. Found our booking number and name was correct but the cruise date was 4 May and the stateroom number was missing. Tried to go through contact us but when I put in the correct departure date and booking number got an error.

Lastly I have tried to call MSC  without success. 

Has anyone found this and is there a solution to the problem? 

These 2 Splendida Cruises in September 2021 are called NAR or no action required.

you or your travel agent will be informed by email when the MSc splendida 2nd September 2021 Norwegian fjord cruise and msc splendida 12 september 2021 Baltic Cruise is sorted out.

They may offer you 200 Euro OBC to shift your deposit to another Cruise

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 4:44 PM, midwife said:

We are booked to do a Northern Europe including Norway and Russian from 2nd September 2021

On 4/19/2021 at 4:53 PM, dexddd said:

Which ship were you on?  They have been making lots of changes lately and sounds like you are caught in that.  There have been several reports of changes like yours to dates, ships, ports, countries.

On 4/19/2021 at 4:58 PM, CaroleC said:

Just keep trying on the phone. I was on hold to them for nearly an hour before I managed to speak to someone.

On 4/19/2021 at 6:10 PM, DCGuy64 said:

Similar issue to me. We have a cruise on the Virtuosa (now likely switched to Seaview) for 7 nights from Copenhagen beginning on 29 August.

Have you received any email about transferring the deposit of MSC Splendida September 2021 sailings to another Cruise and getting 200 euros onboard credit?

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2021 at 10:40 PM, drsel said:

Have you received any email about transferring the deposit of MSC Splendida September 2021 sailings to another Cruise and getting 200 euros onboard credit?

We went ahead yesterday and booked our flights to Venice, we are planning to change to the MSC Splendida on 28 August pending a change to the current policy of only allowing European guests. We understand MSC will be announcing something in the next 2-3 weeks. On another thread someone pointed out an itinerary change for that ship, instead of stopping in Kotor, Montenegro, it's now scheduled to call at Split, Croatia.

45 minutes ago, sidari said:

DC ... Are you aware that the ship is sailing out of Trieste ? It arrived this morning for it's first cruise tomorrow.

Update: never mind, I do see it's sailing the same itinerary we hope to, from Trieste to Croatia, etc.

Yes, I am. I think you may have seen my other post on a related thread. Is it sailing the Adriatic tomorrow or Northern Europe? MSC's site shows somewhat conflicting information, surprise, surprise. 😆

Edited by DCGuy64

I just spoke to MSc and they have still not decided what to do with the cancelled Splendida September 2021 sailings to Norway, Scandinavia and St Petersburg.

By July 1st, they will possibly issue  FCCs with 200 onboard credit.

These fcc's can be used to book any Cruise in 2022, 2023 and 2024 and you have to decide by 30 April 2022 which Cruise you want to book

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, drsel said:

I just spoke to MSc and they have still not decided what to do with the cancelled Splendida September 2021 sailings to Norway, Scandinavia and St Petersburg.

By July 1st, they will possibly issue  FCCs with 200 onboard credit.

These fcc's can be used to book any Cruise in 2022, 2023 and 2024 and you have to decide by 30 April 2022 which Cruise you want to book

By any chance did they mention Splendida cruises in August? Thanks! 

49 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

By any chance did they mention Splendida cruises in August? Thanks! 

Splendida was repositioned from Scandinavia to the eastern Mediterranean and will now be cruising around Venice.

So unless the Cruise is marked NAR or LAY, I think it will sail.

Whether all nationalities will be allowed to board or not is the big question.

all the best!

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

I am planning to go in October 2021, so I hope by then that the vaccination certificate will be accepted for all nationalities.

Also, the holiday season will end by  September or thereabouts, so they will not have many passengers in October and November, which is why they may allow all nationalities ( fully vaccinated) to board by then.

You can see a big difference in Cruise fares between August September and October Cruises

Edited by drsel