US State Department to designate most countries with "Do Not Travel" advisory do to the pandemic

Ride-The-Waves

Domestic travel  is starting up with big demand  in US.

Hope that keeps some of us satisfied for awhile.

We are in no great rush to travel outside the USm  but are concerned about the 2022 cruise season.

On 4/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, Ride-The-Waves said:

The rate of vaccinations in the US is decreasing.  There are countries where the infection rate is extremely high and counties which have not even begun to vaccinate.  Having the vaccination doesn't imply one cannot get COVID-19 - the efficacy rate is 95 present after two inoculations and drops with time.  New strains are also on the rise.  It's till very dangerous to travel.

I do not agree that it is "very dangerous" to travel as a general statement.  Once fully vaccinated your risk is low, and studies,  while not yet definitive, are showing vaccinated people not likely to spread the virus either. Additionally,  if you are one of the unlucky low percentage to catch it despite vaccination, you are far, far less likely to be hospitalized or die.  Considering all those facts. I would say travel is likely not anymore dangerous than how you might live at home, unless you choose to stay quarantined at home by your own choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

I do not agree that it is "very dangerous" to travel as a general statement.  Once fully vaccinated your risk is low, and studies,  while not yet definitive, are showing vaccinated people not likely to spread the virus either. Additionally,  if you are one of the unlucky low percentage to catch it despite vaccination, you are far, far less likely to be hospitalized or die.  Considering all those facts. I would say travel is likely not anymore dangerous than how you might live at home, unless you choose to stay quarantined at home by your own choice.

We are both fully vaccinated and still are hoping our British Isles July cruise out of Amsterdam is cancelled. Very disappointed that Celebrity seems to be dragging their feet on this cancellation...especially with the DNT advisory put out.

So "very dangerous" depends on where you're possibly traveling to.