Is there a new "Lift & Shift" policy at Azamara?

CHTobi

In the past week Marella Cruises (Tui) in the U.K. have pulled their Far East itineraries that were from 1st November 2021 to 30th April 2022. Quite an early cancellation so they must have had zero confidence in being able to complete these itineraries.

We have a March 2022 Mekong cruise, that was moved from this year, talking with APT this week I think they appreciate that restrictions in that region makes the trip untenable. Just wish they would make an early decision like Marella so we can move on with our plans for 2022. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

See you in October 2022 with a little bit of luck! 😃

Just seen that you’ve joined the Quest roll-call! Looking forwards to seeing you both then (with fingers crossed)🤞

As a matter of interest did Azamara let you transfer your deposit to the October 2022 cruise or did they refund you?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 1:33 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

Just seen that you’ve joined the Quest roll-call! Looking forwards to seeing you both then (with fingers crossed)🤞

As a matter of interest did Azamara let you transfer your deposit to the October 2022 cruise or did they refund you?

Apologies for the delayed response. Away from home for a week or so of slightly warmer weather in Brisbane. Internet is reminiscent of that on board! 🤔

We were able to transfer the deposit and had no cancellation fee charged, as we were transferring the cruise from one year to the next due to being unable to leave Australia.

We lost the $500 OBC that we had and will be paying next year's price.

Trish

4 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Apologies for the delayed response. Away from home for a week or so of slightly warmer weather in Brisbane. Internet is reminiscent of that on board! 🤔

We were able to transfer the deposit and had no cancellation fee charged, as we were transferring the cruise from one year to the next due to being unable to leave Australia.

We lost the $500 OBC that we had and will be paying next year's price.

Trish

Thanks for the information - very helpful. I asked because their ‘Cruise with Confidence’ guarantee only seems allow you to transfer to cruises departing up the end of September 22 so it’s good you were allowed to transfer your deposit to the October 22 cruise.  We’re still hanging on in there - hoping to wait to see the new itinerary - it must be going to change because we can’t see how it can go to Myanmar.

Glad you were able to get away to get some warmer weather. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Thanks for the information - very helpful. I asked because their ‘Cruise with Confidence’ guarantee only seems allow you to transfer to cruises departing up the end of September 22 so it’s good you were allowed to transfer your deposit to the October 22 cruise.  We’re still hanging on in there - hoping to wait to see the new itinerary - it must be going to change because we can’t see how it can go to Myanmar.

Glad you were able to get away to get some warmer weather. 

I’m hanging in too, for the time being for the cruise before yours. I just requested an extension to my final payment date due to uncertainty of many ports. Got a message from my TA that it may be 3 days before they can respond, so fingers crossed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I’m hanging in too, for the time being for the cruise before yours. I just requested an extension to my final payment date due to uncertainty of many ports. Got a message from my TA that it may be 3 days before they can respond, so fingers crossed.

Got an extension until 7/16. Will be keeping a close eye on things

• Like 2

4 hours ago, midtracy said:

Been given a new date now---1st Aug for payment, but TA does not think cruise will go ahead!

Thanks, midtracy. It’s so stressful waiting for a decision. If nothing is forthcoming by mid July, I may ask for another extension.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Thanks, midtracy. It’s so stressful waiting for a decision. If nothing is forthcoming by mid July, I may ask for another extension.

l will keep asking for extension, until l get an answer! Azamara seem to be holding out on a decision.

• Like 1