CCL shares Equiniti

chelseababy

1 hour ago, CCFC said:

Ive got shares held with Equiniti and there is no monthly fee if you are just sitting on them.

Same here. I seem to think Equiniti may have taken over from someone else in the distant past as I didn't buy mine through Equinity.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I had my shares with the share centre, now moved to Interactive Investor who charge £9.99 a month just to hold them. Is it better to sell and then buy with Equuiniti (or HL) or try to get a transfer? Its really hard to get hold of anyone to actually TALK to - seems all online at the moment.

21 hours ago, chelseababy said:

Thanks. I had my shares with the share centre, now moved to Interactive Investor who charge £9.99 a month just to hold them. Is it better to sell and then buy with Equuiniti (or HL) or try to get a transfer? Its really hard to get hold of anyone to actually TALK to - seems all online at the moment.

ii may charge for a Transfer but it may be cheaper then selling shares and the re buying. Worth contacting Hargreaves Lansdown or Equuinity first.  I know HL do not charge and all you need is an updated pdf file from your online account attached to the email you send to Carnival showing your 100 share minimum. Its very easy.

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Thanks 1

You are correct that a HL share dealing account is also currently a "free " way of holding shares (but not "free" if held in an issa or sipp).

There seems to be quite a bit of feedback about how long it takes to transfer from one broker to another, many months in some cases so transferring could take a period of time and chasing by you.

If you sell the shares and then buy back with a different broker the approx cost will be the difference in the spread (buy and sell price variation) which was .04% at Fridays closing price plus two sets of dealing costs and stamp duty on the new purchase.

Roughly based on Fridays closing prices:

sell 

100 X £1686.2 =  £1686.20

less dealing charge (a guess)£     12.00

balance                                      £1674.20   

buy

100 X £1686.8= £1686.80

plus dealing charge HL         £     11.95

plus .5% stamp duty              £        8.34

total cost                                 £ 1707.09

If you have made a capital gain on the sale then you have a total allowance of £12300 annually to use up  which needs to be remembered if you have made profits on other items in the current tax year.  There is also a capital gains rule that treats calculation of profits in a different way if you buy back having sold shares in a company within 30 days of the sale transaction.   

Not to be taken as financial advice!

Hope that helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1