£45.00 drinks package

hi guys i have a sailing on the 11th of july in the uk and if you look at the uk web site there is a offer of 45 pounds for the drinks but when go to the web site for my booking it says 79.80 i have tried to complain to rc but no one will talk to me in fact i have just spent 45 mins trying to get a manager to talk and i have been cut of conversation can anyone point or help me to deal with this thanks

photos from page and the first sailing is the ship i am on so it does show it 

IMG_0097.jpeg

IMG_0098.jpeg

6 minutes ago, metman12345 said:

hi guys i have a sailing on the 11th of july in the uk and if you look at the uk web site there is a offer of 45 pounds for the drinks but when go to the web site for my booking it says 79.80 i have tried to complain to rc but no one will talk to me in fact i have just spent 45 mins trying to get a manager to talk and i have been cut of conversation can anyone point or help me to deal with this thanks

IMG_0097.jpeg

IMG_0098.jpeg

They have left themselves an out.  Great big letters below the price in yellow states view applicable sailings....meaning not all sailings are this price...obviously yours isn’t. This is not a battle you will win regardless of how high up the corporate ladder you take this.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, metman12345 said:

but if you look at the pic that it goes to next this is my sailing same date same ship same booking

Until you actually get into your specific cruise planner it is still just a generic ad that basically states prices from.  

best of luck to you if you want to try but many have already complained about things like this over the years to no avail.  

38 minutes ago, metman12345 said:

Try delete all cookies, re sign in to your cruise and hit the plan my cruise button.

I am on the 25th July cruise and the £44.84 pp per day deluxe beverage package price is there for me.

My problem being, the refreshment package that I want is still full price so waiting for a sale on that one.

Edited by Stevio

My friends are on July 11 4n cruise. They have been told that the  small print says the £45 “deal” applies to 5n and over.

However I’ve just tried a dummy booking and the bright pink banner clearly shows...

0AE72139-0179-485A-859F-3FCA689F1C46.png

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

My friends are on July 11 4n cruise. The small print says the £45 “deal” applies to 5n and over.

Ahh. That will be it then... Mine is 7n.

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They have left themselves an out.  Great big letters below the price in yellow states view applicable sailings....meaning not all sailings are this price...obviously yours isn’t. This is not a battle you will win regardless of how high up the corporate ladder you take this.

But if you click on the “view applicable sailings” button the first cruise that come up is.... July 11!! 

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

But if you click on the “view applicable sailings” button the first cruise that come up is.... July 11!! 

Then it’s another IT screwup and in the fine print they have left themselves an out for those as well.  

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

People keep responding this way to his posts on the subject.

I changed my country to United Kingdom, went to the deals page, clicked on that "View Applicable Sailings" button and proceeded to check off every UK sailing among the Anthem Summer 2021 sailings between July 7, 2021 and October 9, 2021. Every. Single. One.

I then click in the GBR Terms & Conditions for Promotions link (Promotions & Deals Terms and Conditions | Royal Caribbean Cruises), and there was not one single thing about the £45 beverage package, so no limitations were spelled out either. Nothing.

So, to me, this is exactly the kind of case you go bring to the attention of authorities for false advertising if the company involved won't honor it, and doesn't fix the allegedly mistaken offer being presented on their web site.

And for those who simply can't manage to do that but want to offer an opinion, here's links to the full resolution page captures showing every single date/sailing you get from viewing that offer. Except for the group of 16 sailings on Jewel, they're all individual unique sailings so it was pretty simple to grab just from the screenshots.

Deal Offer: http://www.2150.com/files/cc/uk_drink_promo_problem/screencapture-royalcaribbean-gbr-en-cruise-deals-2021-05-09-13_33_57.png

Items 1-10: http://www.2150.com/files/cc/uk_drink_promo_problem/screencapture-royalcaribbean-gbr-en-cruises-2021-05-09-13_24_32.png

Items 11-20: http://www.2150.com/files/cc/uk_drink_promo_problem/screencapture-royalcaribbean-gbr-en-cruises-2021-05-09-13_25_01.png

Greek Isles Cruises (16 sailings) from item 14: http://www.2150.com/files/cc/uk_drink_promo_problem/screencapture-royalcaribbean-gbr-en-cruises-2021-05-09-13_33_04.png

Items 21-30: http://www.2150.com/files/cc/uk_drink_promo_problem/screencapture-royalcaribbean-gbr-en-cruises-2021-05-09-13_25_54.png

Items 31-34:
http://www.2150.com/files/cc/uk_drink_promo_problem/screencapture-royalcaribbean-gbr-en-cruises-2021-05-09-13_26_15.png

GBR Terms & Conditions: http://www.2150.com/files/cc/uk_drink_promo_problem/screencapture-royalcaribbean-gbr-en-terms-and-conditions-promotions-2021-05-09-13_24_00.png

A single PDF file containing all the above: http://www.2150.com/files/cc/uk_drink_promo_problem/uk_drink_promo_problem.pdf

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dswallow said:

So, to me, this is exactly the kind of case you go bring to the attention of authorities for false advertising if the company involved won't honor it, and doesn't fix the allegedly mistaken offer being presented on their web site.

This is not the first time nor last that RCI's IT issues don't get fixed in a timely manner.

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This is not the first time nor last that RCI's IT issues don't get fixed in a timely manner.

Merely that you or I know that is exactly why Royal Caribbean should be forced to honor it using all means available through consumer protection laws. Because if they aren't ever forced to honor it, they have no incentive whatsoever to fix it and prevent it from happening in the future, repeatedly. Further it makes sales and discount claims almost meaningless. When is it a false claim versus a failure of the online ordering system to accept it?

There's some similar pricing errors on a couple of the Cruise Planner pages for Adventure of the Seas out of Nassau, where some dining packages are listed twice, with two different prices; I'll give you five guess which prices are wrong -- the lower ones, or the higher ones. And have been since March 24, and Royal Caribbean has acknowledged the report about it publicly. Yet the errors are still there, just on a couple of the sailings. Far less egregious in amount than the drink package error for the UK. But nonetheless, an exemplar of Royal Caribbean's lack of concern over accurate online prices and purchases, or fixing anything that is reported repeatedly, for almost 2 months now.

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

Merely that you or I know that is exactly why Royal Caribbean should be forced to honor it using all means available through consumer protection laws.

The only time they seem to bow to pressure to fix things or honor them is when there's enough of an uproar over social media. I don't recall a single case where anyone has ever gotten anything due to US consumer protection laws.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The only time they seem to bow to pressure to fix things or honor them is when there's enough of an uproar over social media. I don't recall a single case where anyone has ever gotten anything due to US consumer protection laws.

Maybe/hopefully UK Consumer protection laws can make a difference.