Education on the NCL Joy, Haven (H2) Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony Cabin #18700

Sthrngary

14 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

DOS on Breakaway.  Two persons. Seven days.

I've heard 

Butler $10-$15 per person in room per day (~$150-$200)
Concierge $5-$10 per person in room per day (~$70-$140)

Steward extra $5-$10 per person per day  (~$70-$140)

Our personal POV is that we like to tip early, tip a lot, and tip often.

Do you find those tips appropriate?  Yes, I know it depends but are they in the ballpark?

@RocketMan275 First the DOS on the Breakaway is lovely and you will have a GREAT TIME.  I suggest you do the Pre-Paid Gratuities for the crew which tips your room steward and dining staff.  

The Butler I usually gave $150.00 but this trip it will be more like $200.00.  That goes with your thought of a little bit more.

The Concierge I give $50.00 but this time $75.00.  Please remember the Concierge service everyone in the Haven and the Butler has just a few rooms.  

On the Tip often, I tip the Bartender often in the Haven Bar.  I start on day one and I do it privately.  What I am hoping for is for when they seem me, they have my drink ready without asking.  Works every time.  All I have to do is give them eye contact.

Your tips and thoughts are more then appropriate.  You know, many people don't like to talk about amounts.  I say, that is good information.  Then you, do YOU!.

One last thing, two people in a DOS is so cool.  Lots of room, easy to eat meals in your suite and a GREAT deck.  Enjoy.

7 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

One last thing, two people in a DOS is so cool.  Lots of room, easy to eat meals in your suite and a GREAT deck.  Enjoy.

This is our 30th anniversary cruise.  Our son and his wife will be in the connecting penthouse.

As for tipping bartenders.  On our last Oasis of the Seas cruise, I made it a point to give the bartender in the Suite Lounge a couple of bucks on each order.  After the second time, the bartender was reaching for the Black Jack as soon as he say me approach the bar.

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2021 at 2:06 PM, cpj74 said:

I will be in 18100 on the Joy in January 2022.  I've been reading all these comments and am still on the fence about tipping the butler.  I was thinking maybe I give some money every day?  Thoughts?

I second what @Sthrngary does with regards to tipping day one and on the last day. I followed his advice a while back and have had great results. I usually give tip one after the Butler has brought requested items on day one (I also follow the writing a letter protocol as well). I have had amazing service every time. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, cpj74 said:

What do you put in the letter?  I’m low maintenance.

Believe it or not, I am low maintenance as well.  The key is, Butlers are there to enhance your vacation.  So my strategy is for one week, 7 days a year, it would be nice to be catered to like I do for my family.  That is my take on butlers. Now to your question.

1. Special Dates: My adult daughters birthday is within our week.
  2. Extra Lounge Chair on the Balcony:  My next balcony is really large, we have four folks in the room.  I would like to have more then two lounge chairs.
  3. "For Sale Items": I want any for sale items taken out of my room first day.  Long story on this one. 
  4. Food Issues:  I let the butler know what we like and don't like for the Afternoon Snacks.  My wife hates smoked salmon.
  5. Bar Snack Mix:  We love a salty snack for the Balcony at night when we sit out there late. 
  6. Orange Juice: To mix with the Champagne for mimosa's.
  7. Sweet n Low for our Coffee: 
  8. Extra Haven Robe/Slippers:  We have for guest so we ask for four Haven Robes/Slippers. 
  9. Mattress Topper: for Second Bedroom or Sleepa Sofa. 
  10. Room Service: I let the Butler know when ever possible, pleas only use the Haven Restaurant as the food source.  

I think you get the idea.   I also tell them something about each of the guest.  Butlers want to please but they don't have a Crystal Ball.  The more I had butlers the more I leverage them.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a tidbit from when we stayed in this suite: The room steward can stack all of the cushions from the balcony in the entry hallway closet, so we kept it empty. Situations when the cushions needed to be brought inside: rain, power washing the sun deck above and air rescue 🚁 

Have a great cruise!

• Thanks 2

• 7 months later...
On 5/23/2021 at 3:54 PM, Sthrngary said:

60 days out, you get a letter with a phone number or email.  I email them.  It is the haven concierge desk. Not the one on the boat. They have been off for the last few months. They come back online next week. I have the email address. I’ll try to find itIt is the haven concierge desk. Not the one on the boat. They have been off for the last few months. They come back online next week. I have the email address. I’ll try to find it

Was it an email or an actual letter?   I am now 53 days out on my cruise...

8 hours ago, tpm84117 said:

We are cruising on August 29th out of NOLA. We booked this cruise about three'ish weeks ago. Friday we received the Haven letter and our luggage tags which is very much in line with the timeline of our April cruise. We booked in late February'ish (my memory sucks so 'ish saves me) for an April 17th out of NYC cruise. Received the Haven letter and luggage tags in early March'ish. 

So, basically, at about the 45 day mark is when we receive the letter from the Haven Concierge Desk, the luggage tags, and the email (we received the Haven pre-cruise email this weekend). 

17 hours ago, tpm84117 said:

Call the Haven pre-cruise desk.  They will email you the letter right after the call.  The luggage tags I never use.  I bought special tags from Amazon.  I print the tags on my printer from the check-in section.  The tags I bought puts the paper tags in plastic and metal ring to attach.  

I have had those Brand Luggage tags fall off my bags.  

I hope that helps you.

Cruise well.