Cruise Critic News: Norwegian Announces U.S. Return to Service With Alaska Cruises

LauraS

• Administrators

(9:05 a.m.) – Norwegian Cruise Line announced that their U.S. return to service would begin in Alaska with Norwegian Bliss, on August 7. Norwegian has already made a 100 percent vaccine policy part of their restart plans, and the Norwegian Bliss sailings are no different. The 11 weeklong cruises will leave from Seattle and visit Skagway, ...

View the full article

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LauraS said:

(9:05 a.m.) – Norwegian Cruise Line announced that their U.S. return to service would begin in Alaska with Norwegian Bliss, on August 7. Norwegian has already made a 100 percent vaccine policy part of their restart plans, and the Norwegian Bliss sailings are no different. The 11 weeklong cruises will leave from Seattle and visit Skagway, ...

View the full article

Good news!  Thanks!

18 hours ago, SkeeterPilot said:

I booked this weekend.  We are on the last Bliss sailing of the year.  I sure hope that things keep moving in a positive direction!!!!

We are also thinking of the last October sailing, I just want to get on a cruise ship. We have a 15 day cruisetour with Princess next June to Alaska and B2B Caribbean In January. I just want to be able to poke around the towns and see more local stuff. Did they revise the itinerary with Victoria removed?

3 minutes ago, odie1024 said:

We are also thinking of the last October sailing, I just want to get on a cruise ship. We have a 15 day cruisetour with Princess next June to Alaska and B2B Caribbean In January. I just want to be able to poke around the towns and see more local stuff. Did they revise the itinerary with Victoria removed?

Having lived in Alaska and cruised there several times, I recommend you look at the daylight hour chart I offered in the other NCL Bliss thread. The new revised itinerary (without Victoria) has glacier viewing from 5-9p.m. but for the October sailings the sun sets before 6:00. Of course, they may revise the October sailings to account for lack of daylight, but it's something to consider late in the season. 

With all that said, I'm also considering a late season sailing. I know what to expect from weather and daylight. Like you, I just want to sail :). However; I won't book until very last minute. I expect the late season Alaskan sailings will be heavily discounted. 

New Alaska Itinerary for August 7th Bliss! - Page 2 - Norwegian Cruise Line - Cruise Critic Community

12 minutes ago, SkeeterPilot said:

Te revised itenary for the Bliss Oct. 16-23 shows Glacier Bay from 7:00am to 6:00pm.  That is what I am looking forward to the most on this cruise.  A full day in Glacier Bay sun up to sun down.

Thanks, didn't know if they would extend the time in Ketchikan since they are not stopping in Victoria. Glacier Bay is beautiful was on the Jewel in September 2019. Will decide in the next day what I am doing.