Looking at Constellation versus Silhouette

SbbquilterUT

Two of our favorite ships! We loved the aft elevator on Constellation and the aft facing aqua cabins. Silhouette is our favorite ship, we have not yet tried the edge class though.

I’d personally sail on either. I know what the posters are saying about constellation looking run down, age takes it’s toll, but it’s not a big negative, it just doesn’t shine in comparison to a newer ship. As far as creaking is concerned, the S class ships do plenty of that too, if you’re in rough seas, trust me.

Bottom line for us, is we would take either ship depending on itinerary and cabin.

Enjoy your cruise

• Like 1

We love the S-class ships.  The Silhouette is stunningly beautiful and is our favorite ship, but there are certainly things on the M-class (e.g., three elevator banks, more comfortable seating in the theatre, a real promenade deck) that we prefer over the S-class, so our decision would likely be itinerary-driven.  Also, having sailed on the "revolutionized" Summit, I think most of the changes (especially to the layout of the buffet) were positives, and made the M-class a real contender with the S-class for us.   That said, the Connie hasn't yet been "revolutionized."   (We haven't sailed on the Connie, so I can't speak to that specific M-class ship.)

OP: enjoy whatever you choose!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Which TA on the Silhouette in 2022?  We're booked on the Oct. WB out of Southampton.  If you are as well, please come over and join the Roll Call.

Hi Judith.  Thank you for the link; I recognize a lot of the names on your cruise.  I'd initially had the Silhouette booked both directions but then moved the WB to the Constellation to mix it up a bit.  Looking forward to both! 

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

Hi Judith.  Thank you for the link; I recognize a lot of the names on your cruise.  I'd initially had the Silhouette booked both directions but then moved the WB to the Constellation to mix it up a bit.  Looking forward to both! 

Have a great time on both, and take good care of the Silhouette on the way over! 😊

• Like 1

Have sailed on both - Silhouette in November 2018, and Constellation November 2019.  Enjoyed them both.  Sure, the Silhouette is more up to date (but had not undergone the most recent upgrades when we sailed her).  The Constellation is more dated, but was in very good shape.  We do love Murano and Lawn Club Grill on the Silhouette.  Not so many options on the Constellation, but that didn't diminish our experience.  As others have said...the itinerary might be the deciding factor.