Is this new?

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

You left off:

Pros for Breakaway: Sailing with JamieLogical

hmmm yes VERY good point!  I'm still heartbroken about the Joy Sept 4th...Idk if I can swing the Haven on the Breakaway 😞

Just now, aubreyc1988 said:

hmmm yes VERY good point!  I'm still heartbroken about the Joy Sept 4th...Idk if I can swing the Haven on the Breakaway 😞

Yeah, there was no chance we could do the Haven prices on the Breakaway and it has less value without a Haven Observation Lounge, like there is on the Joy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Yeah, there was no chance we could do the Haven prices on the Breakaway and it has less value without a Haven Observation Lounge, like there is on the Joy.

Just curious, did you book via a TA? I'm sort of waiting for there to be a good promo from the more well known TAs before booking, I am thrifty like that. 

19 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Glad to help. I managed to get my Sky bookings moved over to the Breakaway during my lunch break this week, so hopefully I will see you on the Breakaway on 9/26!

We are on same sailing. Fingers crossed !

Edited by NYcruzzer

51 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Just curious, did you book via a TA? I'm sort of waiting for there to be a good promo from the more well known TAs before booking, I am thrifty like that. 

No, I just use my trusty NCL PCC.

• Like 1

I just put a deposit down on the 09/26. Jamie they need upgrade you to haven on these cruises. I bet you sold a few for them. I just can't decide on a hotel now. There are so many choices in Manhattan.  I am thinking the Marriott Marquis I think it is near Times Square.  

12 minutes ago, Summerstravel said:

I just put a deposit down on the 09/26. Jamie they need upgrade you to haven on these cruises. I bet you sold a few for them. I just can't decide on a hotel now. There are so many choices in Manhattan.  I am thinking the Marriott Marquis I think it is near Times Square.  

That's a good choice....it's in "downtown Times Sq" (meaning the popular area, with lots of stores!) and right on B'way.  The side streets have become sleazy and dangerous....

2 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

Not sure what your budget is, but the Hudson Suites in Ink 48 have a fantastic view of the cruise ships at the pier. It was a treat for us to stay there before our last Bliss sailing pre-COVID.

ktws8Sg-aWo2HS6s6qGPRU4tsyQKQURGKX2QVJ1R

Edited by JamieLogical

Not sure what your budget is, but the Hudson Suites in Ink 48 have a fantastic view of the cruise ships at the pier. It was a treat for us to stay there before our last Bliss sailing pre-COVID.

ktws8Sg-aWo2HS6s6qGPRU4tsyQKQURGKX2QVJ1R

I hate to be a party pooper....but Manhattan today is not like what it used to be a year ago.  The Hudson Suites area is not lively and populated.  Not too sure I'd walk around there after sunset.

4 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I hate to be a party pooper....but Manhattan today is not like what it used to be a year ago.  The Hudson Suites area is not lively and populated.  Not too sure I'd walk around there after sunset.

I was just in NYC this past weekend. Granted, I didn't make it that far west, but I didn't have any issues with any of the streets seeming "sleazy and dangerous". We had a great time, despite the terrible weather, and I never felt unsafe.

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

I was just in NYC this past weekend. Granted, I didn't make it that far west, but I didn't have any issues with any of the streets seeming "sleazy and dangerous". We had a great time, despite the terrible weather, and I never felt unsafe.

LOL....it was pouring last weekend.  The homeless and mentally unstable were all downstairs in the subway.  Take a walk around  on a nice day....it ain't so pretty.  Even my "resident bum" wasn't on his stoop begging due to the weather!

FYI...there was a shooting right by the Marriot Marquis about 2 weeks ago.  A guy was mad at his brother so he took out his gun but 2 bystanders were the recipients of the bullets (they both survived).

Anyway...there are lots of links to "crime in the city".  Trust me (born here and will die here), NYC is awful compared to a year ago. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

LOL....it was pouring last weekend.  The homeless and mentally unstable were all downstairs in the subway.  Take a walk around  on a nice day....it ain't so pretty.  Even my "resident bum" wasn't on his stoop begging due to the weather!

FYI...there was a shooting right by the Marriot Marquis about 2 weeks ago.  A guy was mad at his brother so he took out his gun but 2 bystanders were the recipients of the bullets (they both survived).

Anyway...there are lots of links to "crime in the city".  Trust me (born here and will die here), NYC is awful compared to a year ago. 

That's unfortunate, but I don't think it's unique to NYC. My coworker had a shooting in her backyard on Monday night and she lives in Ogden, NY, which is a suburb of Rochester, NY. Not exactly the crime capitol of the US....

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

That's unfortunate, but I don't think it's unique to NYC. My coworker had a shooting in her backyard on Monday night and she lives in Ogden, NY, which is a suburb of Rochester, NY. Not exactly the crime capitol of the US....

Whatever, just giving my recommendation....lots more fun by the Mariott Marquis than west of B'way (expecially because the theatres aren't open...so that whole segment of Manhattan is like a ghost town after dark).

Correct. Crime up everywhere in NY. The increase of crime is partly due to NYS extreamly progressive "NO CASH BAIL" law.. 

• Like 2

JamieLogical, thanks for alerting us to this new cruise listing for the Breakaway NYC-Bermuda,  starting September 26.  Jim and I are taking a 2-bedroom suite 9/26, and bringing 2 friends from Copenhagen who are coming in for my birthday 🎂 They will be fully vaccinated this month w/Pfizer.  

If the Breakaway is the 1st NCL ship cruising out of NY on that date, we expect some glitches, both at the terminal and onboard.  But who cares?  We’ll be cruising again!

For anyone else also cruising then, we hope to see you on the Roll Call page (if there is one), and onboard😍

• Haha 1