Is this new?

Must be new. I just went and looked at the "Travel Alert" posted on the NCL site, dated May 28, and it says sailings on the Breakaway are suspended through October 17, 2021. Last I checked, September 26th is before October 17....

• Like 1

Also just checked a travel agency site I use to track inventory and the September and earlier October sailings aren't even listed there yet. It's still showing the first Breakaway sailing to Bermuda as October 24.

22 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Must be new. I just went and looked at the "Travel Alert" posted on the NCL site, dated May 28, and it says sailings on the Breakaway are suspended through October 17, 2021. Last I checked, September 26th is before October 17....

This looks like a good price. I don't remember seeing it earlier. 

2 minutes ago, Summerstravel said:

This looks like a good price. I don't remember seeing it earlier. 

Yeah, the prices are amazing. When my Joy sailing was canceled, I looked at the Gem (now cancelled too) and the Sky for the same weeks. The Breakaway isn't sailing until a few weeks later but it's about $600 per week cheaper than the Sky sailing I booked and I wouldn't need to fly to NYC... might have to start rethinking our vacation dates. Plus, it has the added bonus of not being subject to any of DeSantis' antics down in FL around NCL being able to require vaccinations.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, oteixeira said:

This all begs the question @JamieLogical are you going to dip your toe back in the NCL pool?  I thought I read that you were going to move and try different lines for a while after the whole Joy thing happened to you (and that did suck if you ask me).

We had decided to burn all of our FCC and CruiseNext on a Sky sailing the same weeks we had been booked for the Joy. Now I am reconsidering that decision, because these Breakaway sailings are so cheap, it would only cost us $86.52 total out of pocket for a B2B, though it would mean changing our vacation dates by a few weeks (currently booked the first two full weeks of September). The plan would still be to sail, spend all our FCC, and leave NCL in the rearview for a while. We are now booked on the Celebrity Edge in January 2022 as our first post-NCL sailing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Yeah, the prices are amazing. When my Joy sailing was canceled, I looked at the Gem (now cancelled too) and the Sky for the same weeks. The Breakaway isn't sailing until a few weeks later but it's about $600 per week cheaper than the Sky sailing I booked and I wouldn't need to fly to NYC... might have to start rethinking our vacation dates. Plus, it has the added bonus of not being subject to any of DeSantis' antics down in FL around NCL being able to require vaccinations.

DeSantis Antics?...Really...Aren't you in NY?...Ever heard of a guy called Cuomo?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

DeSantis Antics?...Really...Aren't you in NY?...Ever heard of a guy called Cuomo?

I was specifically talking about the current issue with not allowing cruises out of FL to require proof of vaccination from guests. Trust and believe that I am no fan of Cuomo right now either!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

I was specifically talking about the current issue with not allowing cruises out of FL to require proof of vaccination from guests. Trust and believe that I am no fan of Cuomo right now either!

Glad to hear....Governor DeSantis should have put a exemption in the law as Cruise Company can already make certain rules regarding health....

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

THis is new and very exciting, as Breakaway will now sail sept 26, weekly til nov 7!  

Or is this just another NCL tactic to collect a bunch of deposit revenue to keep itself afloat?  After all the other things they have already pulled, I would not give them one penny.

• Like 8

Just now, GA Dave said:

Or is this just another NCL tactic to collect a bunch of deposit revenue to keep itself afloat?  After all the other things they have already pulled, I would not give them one penny.

Who is giving them a penny? Don't we all still have a ton of FCC and CruiseNext on our accounts to cover the deposits?

• Like 4

They pulled cruises that were going to sail from the Dominical Republic and Caribbean and are planning New York departures again due to CDC rule changes and current positive news regarding vaccinations and case numbers.  Read this in some cruise news site yesterday.  Sorry I can't site it, don't remember where it was.

• Like 1

First of all, Breakaway is still holing up in some French port on the other side of the pond, unknown if the crew has been vaccinated or not. Looks like the ship has skeleton crew at present.

NCL has been keeping mum about its crew's vaccination progress. Philippines, Indonesia and India have very low vaccination rates; India is in a very bad state at the moment.

Various NCL ships have been holed up in some islands in the Caribbean but unknown if their crew have been vaccinated.

It's good that cruises between NYC and Bermuda will be resumed earlier than expected. Bermuda is almost 60% fully vaccinated and New York and the USA is making good progress with vaccinations BUT what about the ships and their crew?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluesea777 said:

First of all, Breakaway is still holing up in some French port on the other side of the pond, unknown if the crew has been vaccinated or not. Looks like the ship has skeleton crew at present.

NCL has been keeping mum about its crew's vaccination progress. Philippines, Indonesia and India have very low vaccination rates; India is in a very bad state at the moment.

Various NCL ships have been holed up in some islands in the Caribbean but unknown if their crew have been vaccinated.

It's good that cruises between NYC and Bermuda will be resumed earlier than expected. Bermuda is almost 60% fully vaccinated and New York and the USA is making good progress with vaccinations BUT what about the ships and their crew?

September 26 is still almost 4 months away. DelRio has said 90 days to ramp up a ship to sail. I think if they are starting on it right now, they could get crew, get them vaccinated, and get the ship across the Atlantic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

September 26 is still almost 4 months away. DelRio has said 90 days to ramp up a ship to sail. I think if they are starting on it right now, they could get crew, get them vaccinated, and get the ship across the Atlantic.

I wonder if they are hoping to get their hands on a bunch of JJ shots, one and done. 

Just now, JamieLogical said:

When they announced that Bliss would do Alaska beginning of Aug I thought ummm just over 2 months away and Bliss isn't making a move ...

Now that Encore is replacing Bliss but Encore is off Singapore at present - and as I said in my other post how, where and when the crew are getting vaccinated? NCL is keeping mum about it. NCL needs to come clean about it.

RCI and other lines have been popping in and out of Miami the last month for crew vaccination but not NCL. NCL Jewel has been holed up in Miami since MAY 14th - what for?

Pretty mystifying NCL is ....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I wonder if they are hoping to get their hands on a bunch of JJ shots, one and done. 

Yes, J&J shots are one and done but its effectiveness is much lower than Pfizer and Moderno ....

8 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Yes, J&J shots are one and done but its effectiveness is much lower than Pfizer and Moderno ....

That's not really true. The studies of the J&J vaccines took place later and in different locations than Moderna and Pfizer. Specifically they took place once variants were circulating widely in places where variants had already begun circulating. So it's sort of an apples to oranges comparison. The vaccines were not tested in the same populations over the same time period. In any event, J&J vaccines are on the list of vaccines that NCL will accept for both passengers and crew.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

- and as I said in my other post how, where and when the crew are getting vaccinated? NCL is keeping mum about it. NCL needs to come clean about it.

Honestly, as much as it makes us frustrated they do not.  No were in any CDC or company rules does it say the public has to be made known as to how and when NCLH will get their crew vaccinated.  Honestly, I would not be surprised to see them pick up a ship full of crew, sail to the US, and then pull into port and have them all done with J&J since they are plenty available and not being used by most citizens.  

44 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Now that Encore is replacing Bliss but Encore is off Singapore at present - and as I said in my other post how, where and when the crew are getting vaccinated? NCL is keeping mum about it. NCL needs to come clean about it.

Just fyi.  At normal speeds, it will take the ship about two weeks to get to Seattle.  The Philippians are right on the way and have been prioritizing vaccinations for cruise ship workers for months.  Getting the Encore to Seattle with a vaccinated crew shouldn't be a big issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Just noticed Breakaway sailings to Bermuda out of NYC posted for last week of September into October. Is this new or have these been available for a while?

Thanks for the heads-up. Just switched my reservation frm 10/24 to 9/26 Going a month earlier and saving $500.00 per/person Win Win !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYcruzzer said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Just switched my reservation frm 10/24 to 9/26 Going a month earlier and saving $500.00 per/person Win Win !

I wouldn't count your chickens just yet.  The Joy and Jade were on track to sail and poof, gone.  Supposedly because NCL didn't have the crew to staff them.  Suddenly NCL has crew to staff BA a month earlier?  I smell a rat.

• Like 1