Am I Confused - Thought Viking required 2 doses of Vaccination 7 days in Advance

teabear

I have just received an email from Viking Ocean about my Viking Venus trip this Saturday - its says "

Face Masks must be worn at all times whilst moving around the ship. A face visor or shield may be worn in addition to a face mask, but not instead of one. This is because face visors or shields do not adequately cover the nose and mouth, and do not filter airborne particles.

Proof of vaccination will need to be provided prior to embarkation, using one of the following methods.

• Confirmation of your vaccine dates can be found on the NHS app. If you have not already done so, you can download the link to the NHS app here. Please allow sufficient time prior to travel to process this.
  • Letter from your doctor
  • Vaccination card provided at the time of vaccination.

One dose received 14 days prior to departure, will be sufficient for your cruise.

Excuse me, I signed up for  a cruise that required everyone to be FULLY vaccinated - didnt I????

Apparently NOT - just spoke to Viking who state that its always been their policy for the UK cruises that one dose 14 days prior to sailing was required???????

And not forgetting when the UK cruises were initially launched vaccination was not a requirement.

I then recall Viking retrospectively changed their requirement to only the first dose 14 (?) days prior. 

UK made the decision to try to get most people vaccinated with 1 shot before administrating the 2nd shot.  It may be several months before UK residents can receive the 2nd vaccine shot. This may be the difference in policy between the UK only cruises and the other VO cruises.