Encore speciality restaurants

ziggyuk

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

If you've seen one hibachi show, you've seen them all in my eyes. The conversation with our fellow table mates was more memorable than the food or fancy knife tricks.

That was exactly the conclusion we came to, I started this thread saying Teppanyaki was my first choice and I was looking for a second but the more we thought about it, it's all about the show and the food is never memorable.

So we dropped Teppanyaki and went with Le Bistro & Oceans Blue, the latter I'm really looking forward to 😋

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

We'll be on the Encore this August, so we're trying 2 new places we haven't had yet before - Ocean Blue & the BBQ place. I don't eat seafood, but there's enough options for me to get by and it will be a treat for hubby.

If you've seen one hibachi show, you've seen them all in my eyes. The conversation with our fellow table mates was more memorable than the food or fancy knife tricks.

we've eaten at Cagney's on 3 cruises and won't be going back anytime soon probably. The service is so slow it's ludicrous, I think we were there for nearly 3 hours and ultimately took the dessert to go. When I get a better tasting filet at Le Bistro than at the steak place two times in a row, that's a problem for me.

I could do teppanyaki for every dinner, but that's my choice, huge portions and food I love to eat. We always assume around 2 hours we will be at any specialty restaurant. 

I will always get the filet at Cagneys and le bistro. 

Ocean Blue is great.  Try the grilled lobster if available!

We're skipping the BBQ place in October. Plenty of those back home.

13 minutes ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

We're skipping the BBQ place in October. Plenty of those back home.

In Ohio?   Oh well.

We did the Q on the Joy Sept 2019, very forgettable. I hate buffets, but the buffet was better.

Definitely do not use a SDP credit there. Plenty of low cost entrees.

Dan

5 minutes ago, DanMartin8602 said:

In Ohio?   Oh well.

We did the Q on the Joy Sept 2019, very forgettable. I hate buffets, but the buffet was better.

Definitely do not use a SDP credit there. Plenty of low cost entrees.

Yes, BBQ in Ohio....

We thoroughly enjoyed Onda.  It is an elevated Italian menu, but still approachable.  And that butterscotch pudding.  Oh, I hope I am on a ship with an Onda again, so that I can have that dessert again.  I dream of it.

Le Bistro is a wonderful French restaurant.  Elegant surroundings.  They had a special on champagne the night we dined there.  I think it was Veuve.  Loved the filet mignon there.  So good.  

3 minutes ago, ysolde said:

We thoroughly enjoyed Onda.  It is an elevated Italian menu, but still approachable.  And that butterscotch pudding.  Oh, I hope I am on a ship with an Onda again, so that I can have that dessert again.  I dream of it.

Le Bistro is a wonderful French restaurant.  Elegant surroundings.  They had a special on champagne the night we dined there.  I think it was Veuve.  Loved the filet mignon there.  So good.  

I love the peppercorn filet at Le Bistro! Also, the French onion soup and escargot appetizer. You must go with creme brulee for the finish!! WIth our platinum dinner, we get a free bottle of wine here.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 12:26 PM, zerooveride said:

Very true. I have done that too, but I still feel that NCL should provide them, just like they provide sample menus for most of the specialty restaurants. 

In my next cruise case, there probably won't be any Freestyle Dailies posted here until just a couple of days before my cruise departs. This is because there is only 2 sailings before mine. But then again, if it is reduced capacity, I shouldn't have issues getting any reservations or changing them!

We are on the sailing before yours!  Its going to be interesting to say the least!  Virgin territory!  It seems NCL isn't sure of much yet!  We don't mind being flexible but still expect a good experience for the $$$$ 😉

We have been on the Encore before for two seven day cruises. Not sure you can go wrong with any of the restaurants but not everyone likes the same food which  is fine. We have back to back 7day Alaskan cruises this October and will be trying Ocean Blue and Onda for the first times as well as our other usual spots. Will help us choose where to eat when we do the two 21 night cruises we have booked on the Encore in 2022 and how many extra specialty dinners to buy. 

19 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

I love the peppercorn filet at Le Bistro! Also, the French onion soup and escargot appetizer. You must go with creme brulee for the finish!! WIth our platinum dinner, we get a free bottle of wine here.

They might get fed up bringing me plate after plate of escargot 😂😋

On 6/17/2021 at 12:30 PM, ziggyuk said:

We have been going through the sample menus and have decided.

It's Le Bistro & Oceans Blue

Thank you everyone for your tips & advice 🤩

Those are my picks too. and Onda. SInce we will use an anniversary package for Le Bistro. Ocean Blue is fantastic. Can't wait to be back on this ship. 

• Like 1