Royal Caribbean close to pulling out of Australian cruise season?

Yeah, it's not looking promising. *sigh*

I haven't seen anything from Princess yet. We're booked on a mid-October Tassie cruise on Sapphire Princess but I don't see that happening. Maybe there is a glimmer of hope for the Round Australia cruise in March though.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

At least RC has contacted their clients to let them know what is going on.

We like OzKiwiJJ have a cruise booked on the Sapphire in November that goes to NZ, that we know in no way will it go ahead. But we still haven't heard from Princess.

When I look online in my cruise personaliser I see that you can still book excursions for this cruise ??? The mind boggles at this.

I'm interested to see if we will hear from them before September when the final payment is due.

4 minutes ago, sewgood said:

We like OzKiwiJJ have a cruise booked on the Sapphire in November that goes to NZ, that we know in no way will it go ahead. But we still haven't heard from Princess.

When I look online in my cruise personaliser I see that you can still book excursions for this cruise ??? The mind boggles at this.

I'm interested to see if we will hear from them before September when the final payment is due.

The same with our Coral Princess cruise to PNG from Brisbane at the end of November. I just wish they would communicate with their customers. Our final payment is due 11th September. And yes, we can still book excursions and all the other things on the cruise personaliser.

16 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I'm confident we will hear from Princess before final payment, they've been very good so far. I think RC was starting the season earlier than Princess - September rather than October - so that may be why they've made their announcement now. 

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The same off another site but clearer.

image.jpeg.943d121ba3404037115b14526e6bd603.jpeg

My friends who booked direct with Royal, myself and another friend who booked via TAs have not received this. Our cruise is 29 Dec 21 on Ovation to the South Pacific. Still awhile until final payment for us.

2 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

My friends who booked direct with Royal, myself and another friend who booked via TAs have not received this. Our cruise is 29 Dec 21 on Ovation to the South Pacific. Still awhile until final payment for us.

After a bit of research,the person that posted this had a trans pacific from Hawaii to sydney and the following 2 cruises.

I believe it was in September-October 2021.

I haven’t received the email but I think a lot of us will be getting a similar email pretty soon.