Royal Caribbean close to pulling out of Australian cruise season?

I here Royal Caribbean is getting real close to pulling the pin on the Australian cruise season as they are getting no plan from our Governments here (Feds/States) to roll out local cruising?

This will be sad, I do not understand why some Governments around the world I so against Cruise ships ships resuming operations in their country's.

The 2021-2022 season is burnt toast but they want to hang on to our deposits.

I emailed my agent last week and told them to cancel but they said don’t cancel.They extended final and said wait see what happens ???

I think Ovation will stay on the west coast USA .After Alaska it will go to LA and take place of navigator.

The best we can hope for is a few test cruises next year.
Possibly  Radiance or voyager  which are going to be a mess after floating around for 2.5 years.

One little glimmer of hope but it’s a long shot.
Wonder of the seas is way ahead of schedule and will be doing sea trials in August. It will be looking for a port before Christmas and with all those balcony’s it would be a good ship to do tests.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuitesRbest said:

I here Royal Caribbean is getting real close to pulling the pin on the Australian cruise season as they are getting no plan from our Governments here (Feds/States) to roll out local cruising?

This will be sad, I do not understand why some Governments around the world I so against Cruise ships ships resuming operations in their country's.

I think Royal is confidant about something happening in Australia.
Test cruises only I think,not a regular season.

Serenade just come through the Panama Canal for the Alaska season.

Where Radiance is still anchored of Singapore.

image.jpeg.e283a2d73306ce7646f05f7ad7e1d2a6.jpeg

I think if any cruising does happen here this summer it will be very restricted. Test cruises by just a couple of cruise lines. It certainly won't be the full ships and regular itineraries that the cruise lines have been selling.

28 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think if any cruising does happen here this summer it will be very restricted. Test cruises by just a couple of cruise lines. It certainly won't be the full ships and regular itineraries that the cruise lines have been selling.

I read Royal and Carnival are bringing it their own experts to dispute Greg Hunts Panel.

One was one that advises WHO and he said the risk is manageable.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

I read Royal and Carnival are bringing it their own experts to dispute Greg Hunts Panel.

It won't matter how many experts the cruise lines front up, the federal and state governments will be the ones who have the final say Phillip. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

17 minutes ago, possum52 said:

It won't matter how many experts the cruise lines front up, the federal and state governments will be the ones who have the final say Phillip. 

Of course the risk is manageable, the recent Celebrity Millenium cruise proved that. I have't heard of any more cases, other than the two who tested positive on the disembarkation tests, that are linked to that cruise.

Unfortunately our federal government won't do anything that might actually mean making a decision based on facts. Of course, if cruise ships ran on coal they'd be welcomed back regardless of any risk.🙄

Our state governments won't take the risk of vaccinated passengers coming ashore just in case they've caught the virus out of thin air (or from the secret virus labs hidden in the bowels of every cruise ship).🙄

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, possum52 said:

You are probably right Leigh, A arrogant person always knows better.

But if someone with a good argument that disputes their opinion, they should take it in.

Look at the vaccines debacle,they know better. We are at %3.2 fully vaccinated.

• Like 2

Unfortunately NZ seems to be taking an even harder line against cruise ships returning to their shores but if that was to change then two days later Australia would announce it was welcoming cruise ships back. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

paid 'experts' mostly fit into the he who pays the piper calls the tune category. Just like the studies commissioned by the tobacco industry that proved that smoking was not harmful.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mr walker said:

paid 'experts' mostly fit into the he who pays the piper calls the tune category. Just like the studies commissioned by the tobacco industry that proved that smoking was not harmful.

Unfortunately that is true.

Navigator of the seas is currently on route to Spain .It was supposed to reposition to the west coast USA 

So that confirms that ovation will take it’s place in LA between between the 

2021and 2022 Alaska season.

Goodby ovation.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Navigator of the seas is currently on route to Spain .It was supposed to reposition to the west coast USA 

So that confirms that ovation will take it’s place in LA between between the 

2021and 2022 Alaska season.

Goodby ovation.

Chiliburn,

Could Navigator be enroute to Spain for dry docking and having the ship to shore power supply fitted?

I noted that the first cruise from LA is in November. 

My thought is that Navigator will go to LA and do the 3/4 night cruises and Ovation will do longer cruises to Mexico and possible Hawaii.

On 6/19/2021 at 12:10 PM, mr walker said:

He was on ch7 this morning with mr russell from that Clean mob in Brisvegas. Pushing the barrow. The expert no doubt is getting some nice consultancy money from the big TA companies and cruise lines.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

Chiliburn,

Could Navigator be enroute to Spain for dry docking and having the ship to shore power supply fitted?

I noted that the first cruise from LA is in November. 

My thought is that Navigator will go to LA and do the 3/4 night cruises and Ovation will do longer cruises to Mexico and possible Hawaii.

Possibly??

You hear people say this and people say that ,navigator has already had the shore conversation??

If it does need the conversation it could have got it done in the America’s not in Europe.

But it’s going the wrong way from L.A.

I am considering requesting a refund now on the FCC we hold for our cancelled Voyager OTS Apr 2020 cruise (wow that seems so long ago now). I can't see any prospect for a return to cruising, certainly in a form that we would consider enjoyable, for a long time, and it's likely our FCC will fall far short of the future cruise-fare that will likely apply.

We also have a deposit only paid for Eclipse in Mar '22 (lift & shift from Apr '21) that I have let ride on the basis that the '22 cruise is price protected. But I can't see that cruise proceeding and so then what? Maybe get the cash back & visit Uncle Les again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I am considering requesting a refund now on the FCC we hold for our cancelled Voyager OTS Apr 2020 cruise (wow that seems so long ago now). I can't see any prospect for a return to cruising, certainly in a form that we would consider enjoyable, for a long time, and it's likely our FCC will fall far short of the future cruise-fare that will likely apply.

We also have a deposit only paid for Eclipse in Mar '22 (lift & shift from Apr '21) that I have let ride on the basis that the '22 cruise is price protected. But I can't see that cruise proceeding and so then what? Maybe get the cash back & visit Uncle Les again.

I think once you have chosen a FCC you can’t get a refund mr walker.

You would have to check ,Probably if they cancel the season you might.

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I think once you have chosen a FCC you can’t get a refund mr walker.

You would have to check ,Probably if they cancel the season you might.

Well I'm not sure we actually chose an option as RC cancelled the cruise & sent us the FCC. Perhaps we had to elect for a refund at the time (I really can't remember) so perhaps we chose by default??? I consider myself a bit of a bush lawyer (as distinct to our in-house legal expert & pie connoisseur) so maybe one day I'll plead my case 🙂 

As it stands we have a little over A$3000 to book a cruise by Apr 30 2022, for a cruise thru Apr 30 2023. 

36 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Well I'm not sure we actually chose an option as RC cancelled the cruise & sent us the FCC. Perhaps we had to elect for a refund at the time (I really can't remember) so perhaps we chose by default??? I consider myself a bit of a bush lawyer (as distinct to our in-house legal expert & pie connoisseur) so maybe one day I'll plead my case 🙂 

As it stands we have a little over A$3000 to book a cruise by Apr 30 2022, for a cruise thru Apr 30 2023. 

From what I understand they notify you on your cruise planner that the cruise has be canceled, you have a couple of weeks to get to choose a refund.

If you don’t choose a refund it is defaulted to a Future Cruise Credit.

A bit sneaky as who checks the cruise planner.

Edited by Chiliburn

49 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

From what I understand they notify you on your cruise planner that the cruise has be canceled, you have a couple of weeks to get to choose a refund.

If you don’t choose a refund it is defaulted to a Future Cruise Credit.

A bit sneaky as who checks the cruise planner.

You don't get an email as well? For both Princess and Cunard cruises that have been cancelled I have received and email notifying me of the cancellation and the terms ie refund or FCC.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You don't get an email as well? For both Princess and Cunard cruises that have been cancelled I have received and email notifying me of the cancellation and the terms ie refund or FCC.

You do get a email?

8 hours ago, mr walker said:

You just like the vino at the ️ golfie, lol.

• Like 2