Australia sailings

def0715

1 hour ago, moonbmn53 said:

We are scheduled Feb 20, 2022. Hope that one is a go by then.

Seriously doubt it will, the peak season is Oct-Apr, if most of it is missed doubt they will start sailing during the low season. Your next issue is even when they do restart all indications are it will be Local Bubble only.

35 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Seriously doubt it will, the peak season is Oct-Apr, if most of it is missed doubt they will start sailing during the low season. Your next issue is even when they do restart all indications are it will be Local Bubble only.

I believe there is almost no chance Carnival will be sailing in Australia in Feb. 2022. 

• Like 1

Our government has said, it's most likely our boarders won't open till middle of next year at earliest.

As mentioned above Splendor cruisers have been pushed back to late Nov, the same with Spirit. 

We usually have a cruise season here in Australia Oct to April, when over most cruise lines send there ships back to America or other places, May - September months Carnival & P&O have kept a Ship here for people during our winter. Last year was going to be the first year Carnival Was going to have 2 ships here 24/7/365. Splendor out of Sydney & Spirit out of Brisbane.. 

I have just been sitting on 3 FCC, Will book when we get start date...

Sad news, my friends. I'm sorry to hear this. My  sympathies are with you. But please remember these famous words: "This to shall pass".  And I pray sooner than later.

Better days, they are a coming! 🥂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Suncoastsailors said:

Carnival is cancelling and offering a $900 AUD OBC if you move your money over to another cruise, but only an Australian cruise. Otherwise you receive a refund to your credit card. aede8b26-e2bc-467c-a0a4-a0b7b8c086f9.png

Update I called back and spoke to a different customer service rep. and was able to get the OBC moved to a US cruise.

I'm booked on the quasi B2B (Spirit out of Brisbane, 3 days in between, then Splendor out of Sydney) beginning in early February.  I expect they'll be cancelled, which will make me so sad as I've ALWAYS wanted to visit OZ/NZ.

Already have a quasi B2B on NCL Bliss beginning April 2023 (EB TA, she goes into dry dock for a couple of weeks and we'll do various places in Spain and France, then WB TA).

So doesn't seem like I could rebook OZ/NZ for 2023.  Or I'd have to give up the Bliss/Europe trip.

Sigh.  So many cancellations and rebookings and more cancellations already.  I think I'm at 10 and counting.

Just hope Carnival cancels OZ before final payment is due.  It's a lot of $$ to tie up.

• Like 1

There has been no official word from Carnival beyond Splendor sailing cancellations through Nov. 15, as far as I know, but I agree with others and speculate that February seems unlikely to be a go. Good to know OBC can be transferred to U.S. sailings. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Not sure how many more Caribbean sailings I can (or want) to do.  Well, I don't mean forever, but I need more variety.  To get those Southern Caribbean ports, you need a longer cruise (or to be able to sail from San Juan again) and, honestly, Carnival's prices for their longer cruises are no bargain.

I haven't been to Alaska but Carnival isn't a big player there.  Princess, HAL and X seem to have the best Alaska sailings.

And, there's Hawaii.  I did a 14-night RT from San Diego on my first HAL cruise.  It was so good.  I would definitely do another Hawaii cruise, so I'd consider using an FCC/OBC for that.

I want South America.  And Africa!  Another reason why I was migrating to HAL and MSC.  But their prices have skyrocketed (as I expected).  Maybe by the time I need to book something else, prices will have normalized a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Unsurprisingly, just got notified this afternoon. No foreigners to be allowed apparently. Nothing yet regarding the Splendor sailing we booked after the Spirit though:

ITINERARY CHANGE
CARNIVAL SPIRIT
9-JAN-2022, 23-JAN-2022, 6-FEB-2022, 20-FEB-2022, 6-MAR-2022,
13-MAR-2022, 3-APR-2022, 10-APR-2022, 17-APR-2022  

1 July 2021

Dear Carnival Spirit Guest,

While we continue to make progress on our plan to return to service, there is still no certainty when international travel will resume. Therefore, while borders are closed, we will be implementing local cruising for locals only and have converted a number of our cruises to domestic sailings so that our guests can explore Australia by sea and support our local economy.

Below are a list of affected sailings and the new itineraries. You can find out more information on your new cruise destinations by logging in to MyCruiseManager on Carnival.com.au. Changes will be available within 24 hours.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.carnivalcru

In the event this itinerary no longer meets your needs, our team is standing by to review your options. Please call our Guest Services Department at 13 31 94.

We're looking forward to welcoming you aboard for a FUN and memorable holiday.
Edited by AllAboardatSea

I imagine the Splendor sailing will be allowed only for OZ/NZ residents since they already have a travel bubble.

Sigh.  Can't tell you how disappointing this is. 😪

Here's hoping I stay healthy and active enough to be able to get out there and see all there is to see if/when I eventually get there. 

Maybe I should stop booking "nonessential" sailings, save my money, and book something on HAL or one of the other lines that, in normal times, does transpacific/SE Asia/OZ/NZ fairly regularly.  You know, a few legs of a world cruise.

FTR, I went to Carnival's site and tried the new option to check the status of your cruise.  At least, it's the first time I've seen that.  I did and it said that my 2/6 Spirit sailing is still on.

Well, yeah, but only if I'm a resident of Australia!

I figure they'll wait and announce this next week while my TA is on the Horizon sailing.  I'm already searching for replacements in late Jan/early Feb and would love to book and apply FCC/OBC before prices increase any more.