Wedding gift?

skyview851

Friends are traveling on Sovereign of the Seas for their honeymoon. I would like to get them a gift to enjoy on the cruise. Does this ship have a specialty restaurant that I could get reservations for them? How about spa packages? Or on-board credit for them? I looked at the packages that are offered (choc, champagne, etc) but none of those really interest me. In fact they seem a little pricey for what you get. Having never sailed with RCCL, I don't know what's available, but I know the members of this board will! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'd suggest onboard credit. You will need their RCCL reservation number. Then call the number shown in the "Gifts and Gear" link on the RCCL page. RCCL should leave a card in their stateroom indicating the gift is from you.

I've had the cheese and fruit platters before and they are just "okay". I think they put them in the rooms as soon as they are cleaned the day of embarkation which could be several hours before you arrive. They end up not being as fresh as you might like. $$$$ is a better, more practical gift.

Onboard credit is a WONDERFUL thing. You can probably call teh cruiselines with their dates of sailing and tell them what you are up to and not need their reservation number. I know people have sent me gifts and not known my res number, which I do not, ever give out.

There is not a specialty restaurant on Souvereign, unless you count Johnny Rockets! But money is always a good choice. If they don't use it all by the end of the cruise (unlikely) then they will get it refunded to them.

I called their TA & she had me call RCCL. That surprised me, I would have expected her to handle it. I hope if anyone ever wants to give me onboard credit that my TA would take care of it! Anyway, I called & the gift is purchased, and I am sure that they will be able to find a use for it. Thanks for your help!

• 12 years later...
2 hours ago, gatour said:

Umm this thread was created in 2006.  Sovereign hasn't been in the fleet in years.

Why do I think britishgifts joined CC and dredged up this old thread in an attempt to advertise their business? How do you get the moderator to delete?

24 minutes ago, gerif said:

Why do I think britishgifts joined CC and dredged up this old thread in an attempt to advertise their business? How do you get the moderator to delete?

Sorry if I have upset anyone.  I came across this post asking for gift recommendations and thought I might help.  If im honest I didn't check the date.  Input noted and lesson learnt.  Sorry once again guys  

Edited by British gifts
Spelling