Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

I apologize if this has been asked and  answered already,  but  is the "find your friend" like a marauders map where i can  see their little blips walking? How up to date is  it, like if I see they're at the Wake View bar  but they're actually  leaving, when will it update their location? Thanks!

47 minutes ago, erienetuser said:

I apologize if this has been asked and  answered already,  but  is the "find your friend" like a marauders map where i can  see their little blips walking? How up to date is  it, like if I see they're at the Wake View bar  but they're actually  leaving, when will it update their location? Thanks!

Not really. I had to refresh the app to see that my wife or my friends had moved. It wasn't difficult to do but in no way worked like Harry's Marauder's Map.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

I had a different experience than Thrak.  Just got off the Sky Princess on March 4th and I was able to see my son moving around the areas that he was in such as the buffet one morning and the shops area one afternoon.  And on the Caribbean Princess in March 2022 I was also able to see him moving along his route coming from the shops down to deck 5 Piazza.  Now on the other hand, he was not able to track me at all for some reason or another.  Maybe I was just lucky in being able to track him the way I did.  I was using a relatively new IPhone SE and I am far far from being tech savvy.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

I had a different experience than Thrak.  Just got off the Sky Princess on March 4th and I was able to see my son moving around the areas that he was in such as the buffet one morning and the shops area one afternoon.  And on the Caribbean Princess in March 2022 I was also able to see him moving along his route coming from the shops down to deck 5 Piazza.

Glad to hear it worked this way for you. Perhaps my experiences were due to less-than-great WiFi on the ships we sailed. (On the first one the staff gave up on taking orders on their tables using the Medallion as they got tired - and embarrassed - standing around waiting for the dang things to connect so they just asked for cabin numbers.)

I have a reasonably recent phone with lots of RAM  and storage and updated OS so maybe things will work like that for me on upcoming cruises. The Medallion App seems to work pretty well for me and all other things I do are very fast. I keep telling my wife she really needs to get a better phone as the Medallion app barely works at all on hers and other things are very slow as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Princess Chatterer said:

Medallion Net doesn’t allow VPN according to the Internet Cafe staff.  During our Ft Lauderdale to Southampton repo cruise on Sky Princess Internet was 2 up, 2 down until we completely lost it for three days west of Portugal.  As you already know Medallion Net is very buggy.

What's VPN?  I am very ignorant of this techo-lingo! 

43 minutes ago, david63 said:

Virtual Private Network - it's a means of hiding your real IP address.

I wish Princess would offer a seminar on their medallion....and all this stuff like IP, and VPN, and the ever confusing LMNOP!! It would also be a good time for them to receive feedback from savvy medallion users who want to help Princess be the very best at sea!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HiCCCs said:

I wish Princess would offer a seminar on their medallion....and all this stuff like IP, and VPN, and the ever confusing LMNOP!! It would also be a good time for them to receive feedback from savvy medallion users who want to help Princess be the very best at sea!

God I hope not! I want to get away from all the techy stuff when I'm on a cruise. I only touch my cell phone to snap a few pictures, other than that I'd never even carry it with me on the ship, though I will while on a shore excursion in case of an emergency.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HiCCCs said:

On the two Princess cruises I've had, there's actually been a Medallion class.  It's similar to what's listed for my current cruise...Screenshot_20230328-124415.thumb.png.4449e0de82edb4f8621d76865f439e11.png

I doubt they'll discuss IPs, VPNs, or LMNOPs, but you should be able to get some of your questions answered there.  I haven't attended any of them, so I don't know for sure.

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

On the two Princess cruises I've had, there's actually been a Medallion class.  It's similar to what's listed for my current cruise...Screenshot_20230328-124415.thumb.png.4449e0de82edb4f8621d76865f439e11.png

I doubt they'll discuss IPs, VPNs, or LMNOPs, but you should be able to get some of your questions answered there.  I haven't attended any of them, so I don't know for sure.

Well, aren't you a little dream!!  That's good to know. I've never seen that offered before. It would be very interesting to see how they handle a deluge of feedback.  Probably refer anyone to send an email to corporate...blah...blah...blah.

image.gif.db3c48116decf97870c9d4a0a31103f3.gif

I'll be looking forward to your feedback about the class if you'll share it with us.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, HiCCCs said:

I'll be looking forward to your feedback about the class if you'll share it with us.

I did go to one early on and it was the very basic of information (let's just say targeted for the audience JP recommended should "give the device to your grandkids to show you how it works if you can't figure it out") and very clearly not the forum for anyone who had MedallionClass App IT issues.  🥴

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HiCCCs said:

I wasn't planning to go (yes, I bookmarked it, but I bookmark lots of things that I'm only slightly interested in), but since you asked nicely... why not?  It's a sea day on the way to Cozumel.  I'll probably have eaten breakfast by then and will need things to kill time until the afternoon.  I'll let others do the Zumba thing.  Maybe I'll learn something.

P.S.  If they schedule an 80s Pop Stars Music Trivia session for this time, I'm dumping this class for that.  Forgive me in advance.  🤪

P.S.  If they schedule an 80s Pop Stars Music Trivia session for this time, I'm dumping this class for that. 

We did a 70's music trivia on our last cruise. It was run by the DJ and mostly included dance-able music - which meant a lot of Disco and absolutely zero of the music I and my friends listened to in the 70's. (I didn't know a single person who didn't despise Disco.) I wish they wouldn't let the DJs run this sort of trivia as I was not alone in being disappointed with the music choices.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 days to my cruise & I still cannot access JourneyView

I updated my account but it (MedallionClass app) doesn't like my password because it's Capital letter, small case letter, and number. But it let's me do / see everything else. 

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

18 days to my cruise & I still cannot access JourneyView

I updated my account but it (MedallionClass app) doesn't like my password because it's Capital letter, small case letter, and number. But it let's me do / see everything else. 

Seems to me that Princess required me to change my password quite a while back to include a "special character". I could be wrong but my password didn't use to have one and now it does so... You may want to change yours online and see if that helps.

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@Thrak I'm beyond frustrated!! My phone auto completes my password. I've tried for 2 hours to disable that and I can't.  

Hmmm... I would try to Google for info on "auto saved passwords" for your device. I "think" you are an Apple person and I have zero insight into products of the Evil Empire.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Hmmm... I would try to Google for info on "auto saved passwords" for your device. I "think" you are an Apple person and I have zero insight into products of the Evil Empire.

I'm android. I already deleted it in settings but it still auto fills online ... deleting cookies. Hope that works

Edited by Ombud

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'm android. 

Okay. I just Googled "auto saved passwords android" and see this:

Manage auto sign-in
  1. On your Android phone or tablet, open your device's Settings app .
  2. Tap Google. Manage your Google Account.
  3. At the top, scroll right.
  4. Tap Security.
  5. Scroll down to "Signing in to other sites."
  6. Tap Password Manager. Settings . (use the Settings button that looks like a "wheel")
  7. Turn Auto sign-in on or off.

If you go slowly and pay strict attention to the directions it works to turn off autofill. I would guess you could then enter the correct password and, once you know it works and has been saved, go back and re-enable the auto fill.

The BOLD part was added by me to make it a little easier to follow.

• Like 1

Yes. @Thrak thats what I did but it still auto fills. So I'm 'pretending' I'm on a computer without access to a mobile device. At least I can get a check in time

Actually I can do everything except access JourneyView & I've decided I don't need that until I get onboard. 

Oh and in my frustration I deleted all passwords .... now to remember what could be up to 50. 

Edited by Ombud

22 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Oh and in my frustration I deleted all passwords .... now to remember what could be up to 50. 

GAH!!!  I always use a password vault program on my computer and a different one on my phone. (The one on my computer was actually made for Windows '95 but it still works quite well.)

I don't understand why turning off autofill didn't stop your phone from doing just that. Did you try rebooting the phone after you turned off autofill and before trying to login again?

Edit: And don't forget to cuss at the thing. You may also want to clear the cache on your phone.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

Frustrated so sent Sis out to get me some Pliny the Younger. She lives up there and says its not raining too hard 🍺

Added: Seems like my Android OS cannot delete passwords or turn off auto log in. Can't wait until tomorrow when I get that from here

Edited by Ombud

33 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Frustrated so sent Sis out to get me some Pliny the Younger. She lives up there and says its not raining too hard 🍺

Ohhhhhh... I'm on my way over!!! Of course I'll have to tell my wife where I'm going and she may well beat me out to the car... 🤪

• Haha 1