First time please help

ddlb

I have paid for my cruise. I am trying to do the online check-in but it won’t let me I am very confused do I have to wait 20 days before I do the online check in? What happens is it won’t let me fill in my address when I complete that form. This is very frustrating I’ve been on hold many times calling them and give up. I did the original booking online. Please somebody help me or tell me what I’m doing wrong. Thank you very much. Is the eTicket the same as the online check-in am I confused there? 

7 minutes ago, ddlb said:

I have paid for my cruise. I am trying to do the online check-in but it won’t let me I am very confused do I have to wait 20 days before I do the online check in? What happens is it won’t let me fill in my address when I complete that form. This is very frustrating I’ve been on hold many times calling them and give up. I did the original booking online. Please somebody help me or tell me what I’m doing wrong. Thank you very much. Is the eTicket the same as the online check-in am I confused there? 

How many days have u got left ? I’ve tried checking in online and I’ve got 49 days left. The system won’t let me do anything much on it yet either. I’m leaving it another week and will try again. Have u added a photo or anything ? Are u doing it through the app or the website ?

I'm able to access the Web Check In section on the US website.  I was able to complete my check in  immediately after completing the purchase.

Be sure and try logging in using the feature to the right (with a booking number, rather than a username and password.)  One method will take you to official processes (booking number) the other will take you the other sections that can be viewed on the app, but won't all necessarily become functional until you get closer to embarkation (username and password.)

2 hours ago, wirral36 said:

How many days have u got left ? I’ve tried checking in online and I’ve got 49 days left. The system won’t let me do anything much on it yet either. I’m leaving it another week and will try again. Have u added a photo or anything ? Are u doing it through the app or the website ?

Well the MSC for me app doesn't work with the Divina ship. I tried using an iPad and a laptop to try to get that check in thing completed but I am 90 days out and that is what is confusing me if the check in is the same as the eTicket which you can’t get until 20 days before sailing. 

3 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

I'm able to access the Web Check In section on the US website.  I was able to complete my check in  immediately after completing the purchase.

Be sure and try logging in using the feature to the right (with a booking number, rather than a username and password.)  One method will take you to official processes (booking number) the other will take you the other sections that can be viewed on the app, but won't all necessarily become functional until you get closer to embarkation (username and password.)

This is what happens I did take your advice thanks but it hangs up.

B0B0D434-35F5-4CDE-B175-42BA9C43999C.jpeg

9 hours ago, ddlb said:

This is what happens I did take your advice thanks but it hangs up.

B0B0D434-35F5-4CDE-B175-42BA9C43999C.jpeg

Leave it another couple of weeks and try again. Sometimes the system won’t allow you to do it until much nearer the time. 

This is what I get, and it is what I got the day I made the booking last year.  Note that your's says ""ADD" as though you're adding a booking number to your account.  That doesn't work the way they have the website setup currently.

Mine says "Go To Checkin" suggesting it is bypassing my account entirely and going directly to the check-in database. 

Make sure you are not clicking "Log In" anywhere. 

MANAGE BOOKING \ WEB CHECK IN \ ENTER BOOKING NUMBER

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 8.54.49 AM.png

Edited by MotownVoice

5 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

This is what I get, and it is what I got the day I made the booking last year.  Note that your's says ""ADD" as though you're adding a booking number to your account.  That doesn't work the way they have the website setup currently.

Mine says "Go To Checkin" suggesting it is bypassing my account entirely and going directly to the check-in database. 

Make sure you are not clicking "Log In" anywhere. 

MANAGE BOOKING \ WEB CHECK IN \ ENTER BOOKING NUMBER

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 8.54.49 AM.png

THANK YOU SO MUCH MOTOWNVOICE!  I did exactly what you said and it didn’t work BUT it was my fault! When you enter the ZIP Code you have to press FIND And it took my old computer a while to fill in automatically the city/state etc.  I could not fill in those fields myself. I so appreciate you answering my plea for help because I never would’ve figured this out.  Do now I am checked in!

• Like 3

I am also having an issue with the Web Check In. I've done everything mentioned above,, but I am still getting a message stating....

You haven’t filled all the necessary information for the passenger of the cruise, the documents will be ready as soon as you provide al the data needed. 

But I don't see any fields left to be filled in. 

11 minutes ago, Lbsahm said:

I am also having an issue with the Web Check In. I've done everything mentioned above,, but I am still getting a message stating....

You haven’t filled all the necessary information for the passenger of the cruise, the documents will be ready as soon as you provide al the data needed. 

But I don't see any fields left to be filled in. 

You've put in passport numbers for all passengers?   Emergency contacts.  Home addresses.  All that stuff?

On 6/28/2021 at 6:05 PM, ddlb said:

is the eTicket the same as the online check-in am I confused there? 

You need to fill in the online check in section for each passenger first before MSC will let you print out your e tickets, luggage labels etc. That is assuming you booked direct? If you booked with a TA then your TA needs to complete the final step of emailing you the e tickets and this usually happens about two weeks before sail date.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel everyone's pain.  I do a little part-time travel agent work and we just booked a cruise last night for my wife and I on the Divina for September 16th, paid in full.  The MSC agent site will not let me print e-tickets until we get under 60 days before sailing.  Will update in a few days if we are successful. The website is challenging at times and I have spent many times over an hour on the phone trying to get answers for clients, so if you have a TA, give them a break when they take days to answer your questions.    

11 hours ago, eagletwo said:

I feel everyone's pain.  I do a little part-time travel agent work and we just booked a cruise last night for my wife and I on the Divina for September 16th, paid in full.  The MSC agent site will not let me print e-tickets until we get under 60 days before sailing.  Will update in a few days if we are successful. The website is challenging at times and I have spent many times over an hour on the phone trying to get answers for clients, so if you have a TA, give them a break when they take days to answer your questions.    

Hey neighbor! (About an hour from you)

We are booked on this sailing as well.