Go Habs go!

DirtyDawg

The NHL finals are starting tonight. The Habs vs. the Lightning.

I'm a life long Maple Leaks fan but I'll be cheering for Les Habitants tonight as they 'discharge' the Lightning and win their first Stanley Cup since 1993.

I'm breaking out my replica 1959 Jacques Plante mask and I'll be sipping a Molson 'Canadien' or two tonight.

So who else are cheering for the le Bleu Blanc Rouge?

• Like 1

A good friend of mine is from Montreal so we had a bet in round 1. I took the Leafs and he took the Habs.

I owe him lunch. 

In round two I took the Jets. What can I say, I have family and business associates in the Peg. 

I owe him two lunches. 

I round three I went double or nothing on the Knights. (While in Vegas 🤷‍♂️)

It might be cheaper just to buy my friend a cruise vs. the four lunches I owe him.😉

So this in now officially a cruising thread. 😉

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 2

Former Montrealer.   

I can always remember the barber shop where we went when I was young.   Six or seven chairs, mirror from one end to the other.   

But on the opposite walls were the calendars.  They reflected in the mirror.  Must have been seven or eight of them. Bright red, with pictures of each year's Habs team on the ice....in front of that years Canadiens calendar.   Hope they make it this year. 

I can also remember Jean Beliveau showing up at our community banquet.   He just walk in and made the rounds to various tables.

Still a Habs fan, always will be.

Edited by iancal

15 hours ago, matamanoa said:

Hockey was born in the north and we're being beaten by a team from the tropics.  It doesn't look too encouraging but I'm still hopeful 😞

I'll be watching the game on Monday but.....Hopefully they can at least win this one on home ice.

We'll be watching too but it's a steep hill to climb.  The Habs will have to win the next four games to come out triumphant.  Still not giving up hope though.  

Enjoy the game!

Barb

7 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

Whoo hoo. The Habs won on home ice in overtime.  What a sweet goal it was to win the game.  Next game is Wednesday.

We live to play another day!  Fingers crossed and it's bound to be a nail biter!

Barb

• Like 2