Pause on Australia Cruises Extended Until December 19, 2021

azbirdmom

1 minute ago, lolo11 said:

We have 1 cruise in November (Queensland) and 1 in December (New Zealand. ) Fully expected this. We will rebook for 2022.

We were on the December 1 Queensland cruise on the Sapphire.  Looks like the replacement cruise is November 17, 2022 on the Grand.  Given other plans that we've made already around that time this will just be another cancellation to us.

1 hour ago, AZjohn said:

Yep, we saw this coming and already rebooked.

We can wait until everyone can get vaccinated and then we can all celebrate together in the 2022/2023 season 🙂

We saw it coming but only had FCCs on it and figured we would wait it out.  Now to figure out a reliable replacement cruise with our friends!

• Like 1

Interesting, the fares for the replacement cruise are about $1,800 pp higher for the exact mini suite. I will be interested to see if they are good to their word about holding the price, or will they find an out.

As most of you who have commented are from North America, hadn't you heard that it is unlikely Australia and possibly New Zealand will open borders to international travellers until at least mid 2022? So even if Princess hadn't cancelled our cruises, you wouldn't have been able to travel to Australia/NZ anyway. 

Good luck with your cruising plans. 

8 hours ago, possum52 said:

As most of you who have commented are from North America, hadn't you heard that it is unlikely Australia and possibly New Zealand will open borders to international travellers until at least mid 2022? So even if Princess hadn't cancelled our cruises, you wouldn't have been able to travel to Australia/NZ anyway. 

Good luck with your cruising plans. 

I can't vouch for others but yes, I had been following the news about the likelihood of Australia not opening its borders until sometime in 2022 yet they haven't done so officially.  Our plans were made long ago when we thought that Covid would be long in the rearview mirror before December 2021 rolled around.  Sadly it isn't.  So we weren't surprised about the cancellation but it's just disappointing that Covid continues to rage on.  I so hope for a return to normal for all of our sakes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, leck57 said:

Interesting, the fares for the replacement cruise are about $1,800 pp higher for the exact mini suite. I will be interested to see if they are good to their word about holding the price, or will they find an out.

Princess has been good about the price protection promise thus far.  For some cruises that repeat week after week they have in some cases allowed flexibility in the choice of replacement cruises.  I checked to see if it would be possible for our Queensland itinerary but it isn't.  So we will just bank our FCCs and look for a replacement cruise.