Cocid 19 vaccination proof

stan1

Does anyone know what standardized documentation showing a passenger's prior covid-19 immunization  injections  are acceptable to airlines, cruise lines, and foreign country immigration sites, analogous to a passport? Any country's passport with photo is adequate for all airline, cruise line and foreign country entries but what is  the proper document for covid-19 immunization proof?

21 minutes ago, stan1 said:

Does anyone know what standardized documentation showing a passenger's prior covid-19 immunization  injections  are acceptable to airlines, cruise lines, and foreign country immigration sites, analogous to a passport? Any country's passport with photo is adequate for all airline, cruise line and foreign country entries but what is  the proper document for covid-19 immunization proof?

There is none worldwide. Some have suggested the WHO Yellow Card but, it is easily counterfeited. WHO has already voiced its opposition to a “one seize fits all” digital passport because of unfair expense to third world countries.

That said, whether anyone likes it or not, whatever (if anything) the U.S. develops will become acceptable anywhere tourism is a major component of a country’s economy.

1 hour ago, stan1 said:

A number of airlines, and our preferred cruise line are using an "app" (VeriFly) to verify vaccination status. You sign up for an account and upload whatever documentation you received with your jab(s). They verify the accuracy of the data and report to the airline/cruise line.

47 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

A number of airlines, and our preferred cruise line are using an "app" (VeriFly) to verify vaccination status. You sign up for an account and upload whatever documentation you received with your jab(s). They verify the accuracy of the data and report to the airline/cruise line.

United provides an online mechanism to upload vaccine proof.

Strictly regarding cruises, I know that RCI and Carnival have stated that they accept the CDC's Vaccination Record Card as proof.  The card has enough information that, depending on where you obtained your shots, can be verified.  I don't know if they will actually do any verification, or maybe do random checks.  If you do try to use a forged card, statistically you are only hurting yourself and other unvaccinated passengers.  If discovered, I imagine there will be a stiff price to pay, maybe even criminal action.  Or worse, a life-time cruising ban.

As far as vaccine verification, my wife and I were administered the sacred sauce at different places in our metropolis.  We both got the CDC cards.  Her shots are recorded at our health department, mine are not.  I have not been able to determine if there is any official record other than my card.

As far as other types of travel, my wife flew to the other side of the Pacific last month.  The requirements of the airlines and of some of the places she visited had different and evolving restrictions.  One island had published protocols to avoid having to quarantine.  She followed them to a T, had all the proper documentation and the negative tests and pre-approval from the island government.  When she arrived, they still made her quarantine for five days.  Really messed up her schedule.

All this to get back to the original post:  There is no consistent standard or universally accepted proof across countries and transportation modes.  Travel is a crap shoot right now.  Just ask John Heald.