US Proof of Vaccination

mosprott

Viking has you upload the VeriFLY  app, which has a category "Viking Cruises". Then register your info onto your smart phone. This app has you take a photo of yourself and your vaccine card. Then they verify and approve you to travel. You still will carry the physical vaccine card.

Edited by C-sea
  • Like 2

For what it's worth the Verifly process worked very quickly for us - you can use it for yourself and any others in your party. Provide your booking ref and upload pictures of your vaccination record cards, and we got verification back in 3 minutes. You'll then see a Viking logo tile on the home screen, which when tapped opens "ready to travel" passes for each of you.

4 minutes ago, WanderingBrit said:

For what it's worth the Verifly process worked very quickly for us - you can use it for yourself and any others in your party. Provide your booking ref and upload pictures of your vaccination record cards, and we got verification back in 3 minutes. You'll then see a Viking logo tile on the home screen, which when tapped opens "ready to travel" passes for each of you.

As a couple traveling together, we did this VeriFLY process on both smart phones. Logging in as "primary" on our own phones and then adding companion. This way if one of our phones has an issue, we will have back up vaccine approval on the other's phone.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, WanderingBrit said:

So did I, but I think it's physically impossible for VeriFly to have validated my vaccination since when I received it the place providing the shots used a 4 letter abbreviation for the hospital name, as did my wife's.  Hers had only her patient ID as identification besides name and whatever else.  My point is I think all VeriFly does is look to see its a CDC card ( I was told this by someone who works there).  This is bogus as far as certification you were vaccinated, no different than showing the card at boarding  Wonder why Viking is doing this.. 

53 minutes ago, Shoalwater said:

So did I, but I think it's physically impossible for VeriFly to have validated my vaccination since when I received it the place providing the shots used a 4 letter abbreviation for the hospital name, as did my wife's.  Hers had only her patient ID as identification besides name and whatever else.  My point is I think all VeriFly does is look to see its a CDC card ( I was told this by someone who works there).  This is bogus as far as certification you were vaccinated, no different than showing the card at boarding  Wonder why Viking is doing this.. 

I believe it’s to have an electronic record for port authorities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, I think the photo we uploaded is the one Viking will use for our coming and going . No picture taken at check in . 
my CDC card has my name and type of vaccine, lot # and expiration date, and dates of 1st and 2nd shot and Heath system who gave me the shot.

• Like 1