Special Occasion Dinner

DLaForce

We are 19 people on the Nov 20th Apex sailing.  As we are celebrity a family event, we would like to have one dinner be special. Just wondering what others have done previously? Just booked at a specialty restaurant?  If so, which one would be good with children ages 10 - 18? Or worked with a specific restaurant to modify the menu? Or anything I'm not thinking of?

TIA.

Le Petit Chef might be a option to consider.  It is a dinner accompanied by a animated show on your table.  The animation is set to match the set menu so while there options to substitute items those won’t match the menu. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Le Petit Chef might be a option to consider.  It is a dinner accompanied by a animated show on your table.  The animation is set to match the set menu so while there options to substitute items those won’t match the menu. 

We really enjoyed that last week on Edge , my other choice would be the steak restaurant we did that twice , would do one of these. A nice bottle of wine would be good also , you can bring two bottles on board but they will charge you 25 corkage but it still will be cheaper than ordering from there wine list.

59 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I would also suggest Le Petition Chef.  We booked on board and took our 11yr old son.  Sure the kids menu did not match the show but he still had a great time.  Also we paid quite a reduced rate for him on the kids menu, think it was something like $10.  I believe the kids menu was for 12 and under.

Curious as to why you would need to alter a menu, other than the usual alterations/substitutions for dietary needs. If you talk to the maitre d when you board, they may be able to arrange something. And I think they will always provide a cake, with sufficient notice. Just don't expect a single table for 19. I don't think any restaurant has that capability. Nor would you want one- it would be impossible to converse to either end of the table, and would make service very difficult.

If price is no object, then one of the specialty restaurants might be nice. You don't specify which ship you will be on, but a steak restaurant would be a good bet to have something on its menu for most tastes.