Boarding times coinciding with how early you get your boarding pass ? ?

Shippy

Some discussion going on about boarding times. How to get the time you want & can you change.

Not sure about that but think the original assignment goes by when you print your ticket.

We just got the email yesterday to finish the online checkin. When done, we immediately received another email with the download for our boarding pass & luggage tags.

Sailing on Sept. 25th in the YC.

Our boarding time is 11:am. I am sure this is the earliest time you can get.

Perhaps that is how they are distributed. When the 11am is full they just go on to the next time slot....and on & on.

If so, and you want an early boarding time, get your tickets as soon as you can.

2 minutes ago, SteelCruisin said:

I would think that everyone in the YC gets an 11am boarding time as it is a perk to board as you like or as early or late as you want....just a thought.

On some of the other threads, some YC people had later times.

Whilst I think that's an interesting theory, I don't think it's true. My online account was displaying our boarding time of 12.20 maybe as much as 2 weeks prior to us checking in online and printing boarding passes. 

If I was to guess, the times are allocated to certain parts of the ship so as not to have any 1 deck/1 location of the ship busy with passengers moving towards their cabins. 

People may not like that, but it makes sense to distribute passengers evenly over different decks.

Edited by stuart2468

I happen to be looking at reservation and said go to checkin prior to any emails. I did at at that time and recevied 11am, I am also Diamond. My uneducated guess is YC and maybe Diamond get ealier times.

53 minutes ago, stuart2468 said:

Whilst I think that's an interesting theory, I don't think it's true. My online account was displaying our boarding time of 12.20 maybe as much as 2 weeks prior to us checking in online and printing boarding passes. 

If I was to guess, the times are allocated to certain parts of the ship so as not to have any 1 deck/1 location of the ship busy with passengers moving towards their cabins. 

People may not like that, but it makes sense to distribute passengers evenly over different decks.

Interesting.

My online account never showed a boarding time.

There are still over 40 YC cabins available for my cruise. Not sure about the other categories so checkin should be quite easy    :O)

3 minutes ago, thepla said:

I happen to be looking at reservation and said go to checkin prior to any emails. I did at at that time and recevied 11am, I am also Diamond. My uneducated guess is YC and maybe Diamond get ealier times.

There has been several posts on earlier threads where YC members have been complaining they had 3pm. I agree with Stuart 2468, I think they are allocated so that pax are not all potentially in the same location at the same time.