spring break when is it?

chorder

DW and I have cruised several times on RCCL during April and the first part of May .On our 1st cruise in 99 on the Grandeur we took our son out of school during the week of may 6th this must have been just after spring break for there were very few other teens on board my son was 15 at the time .He joined the teen club and had a great time. since then we have cruised the other times in the month of April ,though it did not seem like there were many teens or children aboard except once during Easter week. In Maine spring vacation for school age kids is usually starts around the 18th -20th of April we are sailing on the Voyager on the week of the 29th of April does that coincide with spring vacations in other states? We have never sailed on a voyager class ship we are really looking forward to it and just wondering what to expect.

I am here in VA, near Richmond, and our spring break is April 10-14. (Oops, it does go to the 17th, I forgot that the kids have that next Monday off.)

I guess that spring comes earlier here in the South!

Have a great cruise!

I am in Orlando area in Florida and our spring break is in March. Pretty much the last 3 weeks of March are when everyone is rotating on spring break here that I know of in public schools.

The floridians really take advantage of cruising this time of year so you will see a lot of Florida families and people on board in March if cruising out of Florida... including me and my husband :)

:) .

I love when this comes up.

You will find that due to the many different school times around the county,you will be dealing with spring break from the 2nd week of March,almost into May..

Ours in Dickinson Texas is March 12th-17th,and only get good Friday off for Easter...Most of Texas is within the 1st 3 weeks of March,with the colleges running the cambit from 2nd week of March,all the way till Easter..University of Texas and A&M are both 12-16th of March

Good luck figuring it out.

I think Sclitlady has hit the nail on the head. The issue is entirely whether one is addressing the break for public school kids or for college kids. Most colleges have their spring break in March. Most public schools have it later, generally very late March or in April. So giving dates doesn't make much sense unless one specifies if it is the break for college kids or for public school kids.

For nearly all Virginia universities, incidentally, it is Mar. 4 - Mar. 12.

Bill

When we first started cruising we were amazed at the number of kids (several hundred) on the ship in mid-Jan. It was the same for the next 3 winter cruises. We are geezers, who would never have taken our kids out of school and couldn't imagine taking them on a cruise in any case, even if we'd had the $$$. But the kids on board were never a problem, so no complaints.

I can't imagine any more kids on board than we've had in Jan. and Feb.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/02 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour--surprisingly few kids in the summer.

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal--very few kids

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords

When we first started cruising we were amazed at the number of kids (several hundred) on the ship in mid-Jan. It was the same for the next 3 winter cruises. We are geezers, who would never have taken our kids out of school and couldn't imagine taking them on a cruise in any case, even if we'd had the $$$. But the kids on board were never a problem, so no complaints.

I can't imagine any more kids on board than we've had in Jan. and Feb.

Wow, that's unusual. We've cruised twice in January, and there were very few kids on board...I'd say 40, maybe less. A lot of those kids were pre-school age.

As far as Spring Break...my son, who is in high school, has his spring break around Easter weekend. They get the Thursday and Friday before, and the Monday and Tuesday after.

My niece, who goes to U of Pitt, has her's the week of March 5th.

Ours will be the April 17-23. Looks like most said from early March to late April. You might be catching the tail end in late April. Looks like the bulk is Mid March to Mid April. Because then, if too late it gets too close to the end of the school year.

Archived