Jewel of the Seas - Greek Isle Cruise

Is anyone from the UK going on the Greek Isle cruise this summer?  If so have you found any insurance that will cover you?  Until the Foreign Office lift the ban for international cruising I cannot find any insurance company who will cover me.  Or are you just taking a gamble and going anyway?  thanks

Hi I’m going in September.  I haven’t booked insurance as yet as waiting for fco to see if advice changes. However if it doesn’t then will be booking through staysure insurance as they cover for fco travel issues

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gardenfrog said:

Hi I’m going in September.  I haven’t booked insurance as yet as waiting for fco to see if advice changes. However if it doesn’t then will be booking through staysure insurance as they cover for fco travel issues

No, the Staysure FCDO add on still does not cover cruises.  

Edited by little britain

Someone on my FB group has found that Get Cover will insure you for EU cruises. I emailed them and they confirmed this-I will still ring to confirm though

Quote below from the reply I received:

Hi, 

If you are purchasing direct through the GetCover.com website then we can cover single trip cruises to European destinations. We cannot cover worldwide destinations if there is travel advice against any of the countries that have ports of call on the cruise.

Please be aware there would be no cover for either scenario if purchasing a GetCover policy through a comparison site.

Please visit www.getcover.com for more information.

1 hour ago, gooners1968 said:

Someone on my FB group has found that Get Cover will insure you for EU cruises. I emailed them and they confirmed this-I will still ring to confirm though

Quote below from the reply I received:

Hi, 

If you are purchasing direct through the GetCover.com website then we can cover single trip cruises to European destinations. We cannot cover worldwide destinations if there is travel advice against any of the countries that have ports of call on the cruise.

Please be aware there would be no cover for either scenario if purchasing a GetCover policy through a comparison site.

Please visit www.getcover.com for more information.

Have also seen this on their website. 

• If you travel to places where the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office have advised against all (or all but essential) travel, then we won’t cover you being there, with the exception of European Single trip policies, when the FCDO advice is solely in relation to Coronavirus.

11 hours ago, gardenfrog said:

If I were you I would certainly go for insurance. Insurance makes your life easier myfriend. Moreover, it makes the life of the crew and co-passangers easy as noone has to worry about you getting in trouble. I hope everything goes well with you anyway but please dont forget about plan B (insurance) 

2 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

If I were you I would certainly go for insurance. Insurance makes your life easier myfriend. Moreover, it makes the life of the crew and co-passangers easy as noone has to worry about you getting in trouble. I hope everything goes well with you anyway but please dont forget about plan B (insurance) 

I wouldn’t go anywhere without insurance. Just doing plenty of research beforehand. Want to make sure I’m covered for everything and don’t miss anything in the small print!