MSC said they cleared a floor for CDC

codeyell0

I lost my cabin # in my booking and called to get it back hearing they had a "glitch",
Upon trying to book my cabin again she could not.  After being put on hold she said it was saying it had an issue with 4 travelers. She again put me on hold to speak to someone about this since I had already had this cabin and it clearly said my cabin was for 4 people and should book.
Well come to find out she said they cleared out floor 8 on the MSC Meraviglia  (my cruise oct 9th) for the CDC
Not sure what that means,  I figured there might be some guidance where they have to have a quarantine area?  you have covid send you down there?  Like having to have hotel rooms on stand by for the cruise lines at port.
I could be way off but let me know if your in the same cruise and on deck 8 and hear something different  a whole floor is a lot of cabins.
MSC said they documented my concerns and I just have to wait for a new cabin we shall see.

4 hours ago, kernow said:

Yes, they have been doing the same on Virtuosa in the UK. deck 8 and sometimes deck 9 have been saved for quarantine. 

On our upcoming Virtuosa cruise we were moved from our deck 11 cabin, right on the aft, allegedly for potential quarantine reasons. 

1 minute ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

I had numerous guests removed from the Bella Oceanview Deck 8 cabins on the Divina. Didn't inquire further as the reassigned cabins were better.

Better how?  a whole floor moved? 

9 hours ago, colsky said:

On our upcoming Virtuosa cruise we were moved from our deck 11 cabin, right on the aft, allegedly for potential quarantine reasons. 

On the early cruises they were using 8 and/or 9, lots of people reported parts of them being closed off. They do seem to move cabins around a lot though, we had 4 different cabin numbers in total.

22 hours ago, codeyell0 said:

Better how?  a whole floor moved? 

Even though it is a lower deck, they were moved to Deck 5 Bella Oceanview. The OV cabins on Deck 5 are some of the largest cabins onboard the Divina other than suites. Deck 8 OV are extremely small. And there only about 28 of them. Clients that were in balconies on that deck were not moved.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Even though it is a lower deck, they were moved to Deck 5 Bella Oceanview. The OV cabins on Deck 5 are some of the largest cabins onboard the Divina other than suites. Deck 8 OV are extremely small. And there only about 28 of them. Clients that were in balconies on that deck were not moved.

I'm on Meraviglia,  my section had fairly large balconies.  Wondering where I'll be now.
I have no idea what's better, on my ship   Is this just an MSC thing? I thought MSC had not started sailing yet so how did this happen before.