Can excursions be cancelled before sailing?

Gma&Gpa

We will be visiting ST. Kitts in Oct - and currently, I believe you have to take an actual excursion as opposed to catching a taxi to a beach, etc.  If we book one now (there are 7 of us going) - and  if by Oct then they open the port to allow for individuals to do what they want, including taxis, etc. can we cancel the excursion and go out on our own, and have the money refunded to our account?  (without penalty?)

Yes, you can cancel an excursion any time up to the day before, IIRC.  Check the Carnival excursions site where you booked, they should have all the details.  (Better than relying on my faulty memory or someone else's experiences that may no longer be true.)

How do I make changes to shore excursion orders after the Pre-Sail cut-off time?
Unfortunately, we no longer have access to any shore excursion orders after the cut-off time (11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure). Keep in mind that you will have up until this time, unless otherwise noted in the excursion description, to make new shore excursion bookings, cancel all or part of existing shore excursion orders or change the designated contact person. In order to make any change to your shore excursion orders after the cut-off time, you will need to see the Shore Excursion Manager once you are onboard the ship. In the event of a cruise booking cancellation within the cut-off window, a full refund will automatically be posted to the form of payment used to pay for the order. Please note this unprecedented situation is delaying our processing times so calling/emailing us will not expedite the process. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks very much for the info.  We haven't booked it yet, but expect to in the next few days. Trying to coordinate with folks in 3 different states so hopefully we can all get on the same bus together.  So, it's a little tricky.   But knowing we can cancel if we decide to try something different is helpful.

18 hours ago, Gma&Gpa said:

Thanks very much for the info.  We haven't booked it yet, but expect to in the next few days. Trying to coordinate with folks in 3 different states so hopefully we can all get on the same bus together.  So, it's a little tricky.   But knowing we can cancel if we decide to try something different is helpful.

I had booked excursions online for a cruise and then boarded and decided not to do them.  I canceled at Guest Services/excursion desk the first day.  Charges were returned to my credit card by the time I got home from the cruise.

With all the craziness these days I'd wait till I was on the ship to book anything.

I would be careful, by their rules they can charge you if you wait to cancel on board.  They "probably" won't but they can.

Also waiting until you get onboard is usually OK, unless there is something you REALLY want to do.  Excursions do sell out and then you have missed the boat (pun fully intended).

Can I cancel or add to my shore tour order?

• Online: Orders must be cancelled online and no cancellation charges will be assessed if done prior to the pre-sail cut-off time (11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure). Any cancellations done afterwards must be handled on board. In the event of pre-sailing, online cancellations, a full refund will automatically be posted to the form of payment used to secure the order. Please note this unprecedented situation is delaying our processing times so calling/emailing us will not expedite the process. We appreciate your patience.   
  • Onboard: After the pre-sails cut off time, cancellations must be handled on board and cancellation charges are as follows:
    • 25% charge once on board
    • 100% charge if cancellation within 24 hours of arrival in port
    • Refunds less cancellation charges will be applied in the form of a credit to the guest's Sail & Sign account.
    • Sail & Sign credit balances will be paid to the guest in the form of a Carnival check at the end of the voyage.

We have 7 people (4 rooms) traveling together - if we all want to go on the same excursion - I don't feel we can wait until we get on the ship.   Especially if it IS the case where you must have an excursion to go ashore.  We did cancel one onboard a few cruises ago, as my DH was not feeling good that morning, so we cancelled his excursion and got the money back on our card pretty quickly.