Book with Confidence - Australia Cruises

tonymc

Hi,

We have a cruise booked out of Sydney in February 2022 (already moved from this year!!). However, I cannot see us as UK residents being allowed to travel to Australia/New Zealand at that time either.

Unfortunately, the current Book with Confidence (as below) would only allow us to rebook up to the end of 2022, which would be of no use to ourselves as we could not travel until April 2023.

1. Do all countries and sailings qualify for Book with Confidence?
    Book with Confidence covers all markets and applies to cruises and cruisetours departing up to December 31, 2021 (departing up to April 30, 2022 for guests in Australia and New Zealand), excluding charters. Bookings must be made on or before September 30, 2021 (book by December 31, 2021 for guests in Australia and New Zealand), to qualify for the FCC which can be used on any cruise made by and sails by December 31, 2022.

I have tried calling and e-mailing Princess to see what options we would have to move to 2023, but without success. I need to know if they would be willing to allow us to change our dates to a 2023 cruise (already have one in mind) and move the deposit, would we have to pay a fee, or cancel and rebook and forfeit the not insignificant deposit?

The reason for needing to find this out now is that MSC are offering a discount for NHS staff for cruises up to April 2022, and if we aren't going to Australia, we would like to book a European cruise in 2022.

Any advice very much appreciated.

We have an Australian cruise with Princess for March 2022, like yourselves moved from March 2021 and previously moved from March 2020.

Can’t see Australian borders being opened to us..some have mentioned mid to late 2022.

Very difficult to know what to suggest to you or do ourselves until Princess cancels. We are worried that cruises we might be interested in/ suit our schedule may well be fully booked by the time this happens. 

Fingers crossed for early cancellation now, or early border opening…but not holding our breath for either.

We moved our Jan 2022 AU/NZ cruise to Feb 2023 without any penalties or fees. But, we had to pay addition $ for the the current 2023 rates (which were higher priced of course). 

7 hours ago, tonymc said:

Hi,

We have a cruise booked out of Sydney in February 2022 (already moved from this year!!). However, I cannot see us as UK residents being allowed to travel to Australia/New Zealand at that time either.

Unfortunately, the current Book with Confidence (as below) would only allow us to rebook up to the end of 2022, which would be of no use to ourselves as we could not travel until April 2023.

1. Do all countries and sailings qualify for Book with Confidence?
    Book with Confidence covers all markets and applies to cruises and cruisetours departing up to December 31, 2021 (departing up to April 30, 2022 for guests in Australia and New Zealand), excluding charters. Bookings must be made on or before September 30, 2021 (book by December 31, 2021 for guests in Australia and New Zealand), to qualify for the FCC which can be used on any cruise made by and sails by December 31, 2022.

I have tried calling and e-mailing Princess to see what options we would have to move to 2023, but without success. I need to know if they would be willing to allow us to change our dates to a 2023 cruise (already have one in mind) and move the deposit, would we have to pay a fee, or cancel and rebook and forfeit the not insignificant deposit?

The reason for needing to find this out now is that MSC are offering a discount for NHS staff for cruises up to April 2022, and if we aren't going to Australia, we would like to book a European cruise in 2022.

Any advice very much appreciated.

I am confused, have you spoken to Princess on the telephone? I have telephoned them twice in the last week and someone answered within about 10 minutes both times.

I feel your pain, we are due to sail on the Royal from Sydney in February 2022, don’t think it will happen.

First of all, thanks to everyone for replying and my apologies for not replying sooner - for some reason, notifications are not reaching me!!!

Anyhow, I tried Princess this morning, but used the book a cruise option rather than the "anything else" option, and yes, less than 10 minutes for my call to be answered. With minimal fuss, we have had our booking changed to a very similar cruise 1 year and 1 day later without any admin fee as apparently you are allowed one change free of charge.

Fortunately, our flights were booked using Avios, so should be able to get them either refunded or a credit note for travel in 2023, and our pre-cruise hotel is also fully refundable, so hopefully no losses to report.

So whilst disappointed that we will be waiting another year, we are hoping to take advantage of the MSC 50% discount for NHS staff and book a Med cruise next March..........fingers crossed!!

Edited by tonymc

• 2 weeks later...