River cruise for unvaccinated

id est

You don't say where you are from, but getting into Europe without a vaccination may be a problem.  I know there are several that are requiring proof of vaccines - Avalon I know does, I believe Uniworld and AMA also.

If you are American, there are a couple lines that run on American rivers that may allow non-vaccinated passengers, but I'm not sure.

Tricky. As of now, I believe German river cruise lines still only require tests. Try the French company CroisiEurope and see what their policy for river cruises is.

Chartered vessels may also work, i.e. for example Scylla ships not sailing for the usual companies, but for others.

notamermaid

• Thanks 1

From the Scenicusa website today:

In order to travel with the Scenic Group (which includes Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, Emerald Cruises, Evergreen and Mayflower) all guests need to be fully vaccinated with approved dose(s) against Covid-19, at least 14 days prior to their journey. Guests will be required to present confirmation of vaccination upon boarding.

• Like 9

Even if you find a company that doesn't require it now, there's no guarantee they won't require it in the future.  Several cruise companies just recently announced they are requiring cruisers to be vaccinated.

• Like 5

@KathyK13 That is a very good point. Now cruise lines can fill ships with vaccinated travellers, there being so many vaccinated people now that have an interest in river cruising or can be reached by marketing in the future. Which brings me to think that a company that caters to a younger clientele and families cannot do that. It makes me wonder about U By Uniworld.

For family cruise lines CroisiEurope (mentioned before), A-ROSA (one of the German lines) and Tauck bridges come to mind.

notamermaid

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

Are any of the countries on typical river cruise itineraries allowing unvaccinated Americans in?

That was my point...you have to get into Europe first, and that's not easy even if vaccinated......

• Like 4

As a side not to the OP, as this may not be possible due to language problems, but the German company Phoenix Reisen has both ocean and river cruises. They have just announced that they will require all passengers on ocean cruises to be vaccinated and explain the move with the logistics, as many countries make vaccination an entry requirement. Phoenix says they prefer not to judge people's decisions but need to move to fully vaccinated passenger policy due to government decisions in many countries. River cruises are specifically not affected by this policy so there is no vaccine requirement.

Phoenix only markets German language cruises.

NickoCruises has both German language only cruises and cruises with bilingual programme (enquiring about details of what is provided highly recommended) and for now appear to also stick to just negative testing for their cruises.

notamermaid

• Thanks 1