Transfer from EZE to AEP at Buenos Aires

Texas Tillie

I'm looking at a cruise that starts and ends at Ushuaia, Argentina. It appears that international flights arrive/depart from EZE but domestic flights use AEP. How far apart are the two airports? What kind of time is required to clear immigration/customs and then travel to the domestic airport? I assume that booking a private transfer is the way to go. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks!!

Google Maps is your friend, and will show routes and distances even for South America.  In this case, it's about 25 miles between the two - about a 45-60 minute trip.

Clearance time at customs/immigration could be either quick or delayed.  Since flights from North America all tend to arrive at somewhat similar times in the morning, it depends if you are one of the early flights or the latter.

There are several companies that provide transport between the two airports.  You can either go with scheduled service or with a dedicated car.  Both are available on a walk-up basis.  I have always used Tienda Leon and never had a problem with just walking to their booth and getting a car.  Sometimes it will take 5-15 minutes. Another quality service has been VIP Cars.  For a non private car ride, Tienda Leon also runs a scheduled bus transfer between the airports every 30 minutes.

Personally, I would not book in advance to give me flexibility for delays or other reasons.  Plus, you can be sure to get the ride you want, rather than what you might get through their website (and with possible translation issues).  NOTE: this info is from trips in the 2000 to 2017 time frame - have not been back to Buenos Aires since then.

Enjoy Endeavor.

Edited by FlyerTalker

14 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Any information will be appreciated. Thanks!!

13 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Clearance time at customs/immigration could be either quick or delayed.  Since flights from North America all tend to arrive at somewhat similar times in the morning, it depends if you are one of the early flights or the latter.

OP, in support of what FlyerTalker has posted, my experience was not at EZE, but at Santiago, Chile's international airport.  I have never experienced such chaotic, congested conditions at baggage claim and going through Customs/Immigration at any airport anywhere.  My recommendation is to plan for delays and such conditions.  

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

For an Antartica cruise in 2017 we flew MIA-EZE-USH R/T on Aerolineas Argentinas.  EZE has domestic gates in an terminal adjacent to the international terminal - short walking distance.   Good connections and good service on Aeolineas "domestic" 737-800 aircraft.

Except that Aerolineas is now only operating one flight a day between EZE and USH, with the remainder of the service out of AEP.

AEP is the main domestic airport, even though there are some domestic flights that also operate through EZE.