Need help understand Royal's Covid policy, please

Traveling in December on the Independence OTS out of PC in Florida.  I understand that the world is changing by the day and that December is a long way off. That said, what is the current policy for testing for their ships?  My family has all had the vaccine for some time now but we are traveling with a group that not everyone has.  I'm more concerned about my vaxed group.  Do we still need a test prior to getting to the pier?  

2 minutes ago, Caps_Shield said:

Traveling in December on the Independence OTS out of PC in Florida.  I understand that the world is changing by the day and that December is a long way off. That said, what is the current policy for testing for their ships?  My family has all had the vaccine for some time now but we are traveling with a group that not everyone has.  I'm more concerned about my vaxed group.  Do we still need a test prior to getting to the pier?  

For sailings in August even vaccinated passengers must provide a negative test when they board.

Protocols are only released a month at a time.  Nothing beyond August has been released

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Caps_Shield said:

So, for August, I need to show up with a test saying I'm negative and presumably my card? 

So far it's only for sailings of 5 nights or more  I believe the Indy is only doing 3/4 nights 

Edited by molly361

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

For sailings in August even vaccinated passengers must provide a negative test when they board.

Protocols are only released a month at a time.  Nothing beyond August has been released

To add for sailings of 5 nights or more (so far)

• Like 1

Keep in mind that if the other parties in your  group are linked in with your reservation, you are expected to adhere to their specific protocols.  So I wouldn't link if they aren't vaccinated.

At least that's what I was told by an agent.  We waited to link us all up until everyone got the shots.

For instance, it could pose a problem if you wanted to dine together etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Keep in mind that if the other parties in your  group are linked in with your reservation, you are expected to adhere to their specific protocols.  So I wouldn't link if they aren't vaccinated.

At least that's what I was told by an agent.  We waited to link us all up until everyone got the shots.

For instance, it could pose a problem if you wanted to dine together etc.

So interesting!  I have no control over the linking since it is my wife's family and someone else is in charge of that.  I may have to bring this up though.  Thanks!

• Like 1

One thing that may or may not still be in place by December (currently goes at least through October) is that cruises with a stop in the USVI are designated as vaccinated only, so if anyone 12 years old or older in the traveling party is unvaccinated they will be denied boarding. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 10:03 AM, Caps_Shield said:

So interesting!  I have no control over the linking since it is my wife's family and someone else is in charge of that.  I may have to bring this up though.  Thanks!

Yes - it's important to get linked up before you're onboard.  Our group couldn't be linked together after we got onboard (we weren't aware it had to be done ahead of time) so we had to jump thru MAJOR hoops to at least get our tables close together.