Summit sailings end Aug, beginning Sept not showing??

bandp407

Does anyone know why the Summit sailings for the end of Aug & beginning of September are not showing up? Have they reached capacity or is Celebrity going to cancel these sailings?  Before calling, I thought to post here. We are booked on the September 6th sailing & there are so many variables at this point

7 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

Does anyone know why the Summit sailings for the end of Aug & beginning of September are not showing up? Have they reached capacity or is Celebrity going to cancel these sailings?  Before calling, I thought to post here. We are booked on the September 6th sailing & there are so many variables at this point

No one seems to know. I asked my TA he said seems they will sail. I talked with Celebrity they say it will sail. Others on FB have talked to Celebrity and have been told might be cancelled. So seems no one can get a straight answer. If you call let us know what they tell you😩

17 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

No one seems to know. I asked my TA he said seems they will sail. I talked with Celebrity they say it will sail. Others on FB have talked to Celebrity and have been told might be cancelled. So seems no one can get a straight answer. If you call let us know what they tell you😩

Yes, I will post their answer! Crazy! 

I just phoned Celebrity Reservations & the Captains Club. Both said basically the same thing - inventory maintenance. Once complete the sailings will once again appear. I am not sure I completely buy it, but we shall see. With the each day lately there is something new! 

We are on the September 25th Summit sailing! We were offered this cruise by the Celebrity Blue Chip Club ! The Celebrity Summit Roll Call for this sailing is the smallest I have ever seen. I would not be surprised that the number of passengers on board are mostly those who accepted the Blue Chip Club offer! 

2 hours ago, bandp407 said:

I just phoned Celebrity Reservations & the Captains Club. Both said basically the same thing - inventory maintenance. Once complete the sailings will once again appear. I am not sure I completely buy it, but we shall see. With the each day lately there is something new! 

So I search on cruise line inventory maintenance and found this cruise could be chartered, they maybe changing ports, or it's not full enough to sail and they might offer to move the guests. So I guess we have to wait and see. So frustrating 😩

Edited by lovrccl

We were just on board, and I thought I heard someone saying that Summit would have a period with no passengers during the shift from St. Maarten to Miami.  Please, please, please don't take that as very reliable, though.  I don't recall who I heard say that (could just have been a rumor from another guest).

32 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

We were just on board, and I thought I heard someone saying that Summit would have a period with no passengers during the shift from St. Maarten to Miami.  Please, please, please don't take that as very reliable, though.  I don't recall who I heard say that (could just have been a rumor from another guest).

I am starting to think the same thing.  Thanks time will tell I guess.

2 hours ago, lovrccl said:

So I search on cruise line inventory maintenance and found this cruise could be chartered, they maybe changing ports, or it's not full enough to sail and they might offer to move the guests. So I guess we have to wait and see. So frustrating 😩

Yes, very frustrating! We just watched the sail away of the Equinox (one of our favorite S class ships) and ate our hearts out!! The only reason we decided to try the Summit was because after tonight’s 7 night all the other cruises are longer. We thought we would ease back in to cruising with the 5 night! I think we will know something soon given the 29th would be their 1st sailing from Miami. Interestingly the reposition sailing  is not showing either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovrccl said:

I am starting to think the same thing.  Thanks time will tell I guess.

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

What you heard onboard may very well be true! Hope you enjoyed your cruise!! 

18 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

Yes, very frustrating! We just watched the sail away of the Equinox (one of our favorite S class ships) and ate our hearts out!! The only reason we decided to try the Summit was because after tonight’s 7 night all the other cruises are longer. We thought we would ease back in to cruising with the 5 night! I think we will know something soon given the 29th would be their 1st sailing from Miami. Interestingly the reposition sailing  is not showing either. 

Agree! We have an October cruise already booked so if they cancel this one they can just refund me! 

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

Perhaps they're going the CDC test cruise route to ultimately sail with fewer than 95% vaccinated.

I’m on the repositioning trip on the 28th. I’ve spoken to the Retreat concierge who was checking on our preferences. I asked how many were booked for the trip and she said 40-50%. They took it down as they are at the limit they want. Since it’s not actually sold out, this may be how they have to override the software. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Happy Sailings said:

I’m on the repositioning trip on the 28th. I’ve spoken to the Retreat concierge who was checking on our preferences. I asked how many were booked for the trip and she said 40-50%. They took it down as they are at the limit they want. Since it’s not actually sold out, this may be how they have to override the software. 🤷‍♀️

I hope that is the case!  They were saying something about increasing the capacity, as well (we were at 25%).

36 minutes ago, Happy Sailings said:

Thanks very much for the update that the repositioning cruise is going!

Following this topic with great interest! We are booked for the Summit four night leaving Miami on 9/2.

Have not been able to move forward with the online check in - less than four weeks from sailing - has me a little concerned 

Have reached out to Celebrity and have not received a response - about the check-in as well as an answer regarding the Covid testing protocol (ie. do we need a negative Covid test within 72 hours of sailing for this ship/cruise).

A thought occurred- the Celebrity website says tracelets will be used on the Equinox from Florida. No mention is made about the Summit. Hmmmm  - can anyone who is on or has been on the Summit comment? If no tracelets how are they contact tracing?

As to check-in for Sept 6, I am still unable to complete it. Says we are not ready for you yet. I saw an above post that Sept 2 sailing was not opened yet either. Gotta wonder what is really going on…..

For the vaccinated ( hopefully 99%) we need an antigen test within 72hrs of sailing. A PCR is only required for the unvaccinated & children under 12.  With school back in session in September, there really should be very very few children. Please comment if I am not correct re the testing.

thanks to all my fellow cruisers who are so eager to sail again- safely! 

11 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

A thought occurred- the Celebrity website says tracelets will be used on the Equinox from Florida. No mention is made about the Summit. Hmmmm  - can anyone who is on or has been on the Summit comment? If no tracelets how are they contact tracing?

As to check-in for Sept 6, I am still unable to complete it. Says we are not ready for you yet. I saw an above post that Sept 2 sailing was not opened yet either. Gotta wonder what is really going on…..

For the vaccinated ( hopefully 99%) we need an antigen test within 72hrs of sailing. A PCR is only required for the unvaccinated & children under 12.  With school back in session in September, there really should be very very few children. Please comment if I am not correct re the testing.

thanks to all my fellow cruisers who are so eager to sail again- safely! 

We’re on the Sep. 2 sailing. I talked to Celebrity yesterday, the rep said the sailing is a go & we should be able to complete our check-in soon, but who knows.

Not sure about the tracelets, but I don’t think we’ll need testing if you’re vaccinated, it’s only being required on longer sailings. From Celebrity’s website:

Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests. For US sailings departing between August 6 and September 6, 2021 aboard Celebrity Millennium sailing from Seattle, as well as, Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Equinox sailing from Fort Lauderdale, all guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation.