Double points does that means times 4 for suites?

8 hours ago, orville99 said:

Did two Carnival cruises in suites, and will never sail on them again. Their suites are a joke compared to RCL. All you get is a larger cabin, but literally nothing that one would expect in a suite. Certainly nowhere near the amenities and perks that we get in suites on RCL.

Also, their loyalty program is the worst in the industry.

We decided the 4 day cruise on RCI vs the 7 day cruise on Carnival b/c I could not figure out what perks came with the suite.  The suite didn't even look big.  We are excited.  It is a short cruise but it will be fun!

• Like 2

Curious. I may have to take my next 2 cruises as a solo. My daughter is supposed to be my companion. But due to Immunosuppressants, she may not be able to make it. Do I just have her as a "No show"? Or, should I cancel her shortly before the cruise, if needed. Appreciate your thoughts. I really want her to be on the cruise. But, don't want to screw myself in the points area, if she can't make it.

Also, I know that in the JR Suite, I would get triple points times 2. But, what would I be getting on my balcony if alone, in December? Thanks much.

Edited by FireEMT978

Wait-  i have sailed solo in suites several times, and only received the points x 2.  

Points x 4 makes more logical sense, as I am PAYING as if I am 2 passengers.  Did these points get applied automatically, or did you have to contact someone for an adjustment?

2 hours ago, texkat said:

Wait-  i have sailed solo in suites several times, and only received the points x 2.  

Points x 4 makes more logical sense, as I am PAYING as if I am 2 passengers.  Did these points get applied automatically, or did you have to contact someone for an adjustment?

Solo is 1 pt for cabin, 1 for solo and 1 for suite, 3 total, double is 6 a day in a suite, 4 a day in your regular balcony.

Take whatever it was before x 2. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 4:54 PM, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

This made me laugh!  When hubby and I were going through our pre-martial counseling I thought traveling by yourself was the craziest thing in the world!!  Now 3 kids later who are young adults and teens and been married a while and we were all stuck in the house while said house was being remodeled during covid I can totally get behind being alone at times HAHAHAHAHA.  

Hope you don't mean "martial arts".😀

@texkatThe double points are an after covid thing, so if you sailed prior to 2020 you only got the 3 points deal. Meaning the standard 1 point, an extra point for a suite and then the extra point for solo. For the double point offer they will automatically apply to all these sailings until Dec 2022 that have been booked by Sept 2022. But it is possible you didn't get the 3pt per night when you sailed solo in a suite.