Vista restaurants revealed

Beagle5

On 3/20/2023 at 10:11 PM, PirateShark said:

While this makes sense, the fact they call this a "specialty" restaurant that we must use as one of our precious reservations for is a little irksome.  I may be in a minority apparently but taking time at dinner over food and conversation (with a good bottle of wine) is a luxury to us.  I just feel like this is a dumbing down of their dining.  The pizzeria/trattoria sounds much better for a quick meal and no reservations.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out but will try it once to be fair.  

Does not sound like we will be interested.  Our fav has been Jacques so this may be the last time on Vista

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RJB said:

Does not sound like we will be interested.  Our fav has been Jacques so this may be the last time on Vista

Am hoping this is truly just a Sample (of the) Menu. The other 3 specialty restaurants menus are online in full. So too is Waves Grill’s menu. Will post a short revue and IPhone camera picture of Ember’s after we dine on May 20th. Hopefully some CC cruisers from the preceding Founders Cruise will already have taken care of this!

Also would like to see the menu for the new Aquamar Kitchen’s breakfast and lunch offerings. 

• Like 1

My outward guess is the Embers is primarily listed as a “ Specialty “ so to impose the standard dress code therein. Oceania may have decided it didn’t want the full line of casual wear it can get in the Terrace in this sit down restaurant. Maybe they are trying to keep gym shorts and muscle shirts ( wifebeaters) isolated to the buffet line. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

My outward guess is the Embers is primarily listed as a “ Specialty “ so to impose the standard dress code therein. Oceania may have decided it didn’t want the full line of casual wear it can get in the Terrace in this sit down restaurant. Maybe they are trying to keep gym shorts and muscle shirts ( wifebeaters) isolated to the buffet line. 

if that is the case then they need to train the Maitre'd on how to ask people to go change into more suitable attire for the GDR & Specialties

We have seen in the past a couple of good Maitre'd  that actually take people aside  & ask them to change

JMO

• Like 1

It is my impression that embers is also open for lunch.  Wonder if that is still the case. Same with aquamar.  I wonder also if the MDR will continue to have Jacques items daily.  On our Riviera cruise this past January I had the Jacques chicken in the MDR and it was delicious. May not make up for the loss of Jacques but better than nothing.

Stepping away from Embers for a moment…. Dress code???? We were on Riviera for Christmas and New Years and saw men in shorts in the GDR, Red Ginger and Jacques. We always eat at 8pm, so we weren’t with people just returning from excursions….. dress code??

Off topic for a minute. Looking at schmaitic on O site the A veranda staterooms looks like a walk in closet and. Shower not as long as in the Riveara make over.,No closet doors side of bed.

1 hour ago, Acrusa said:

Off topic for a minute. Looking at schmaitic on O site the A veranda staterooms looks like a walk in closet and. Shower not as long as in the Riveara make over.,No closet doors side of bed.

I am guessing the closet  is beside the bathroom door ??

I guess we will know in abut 2 mths when the reports start coming in

Veranda Schematics

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I am guessing the closet  is beside the bathroom door ??

I guess we will know in abut 2 mths when the reports start coming in

Veranda Schematics

Exactly what I was thinking. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ember sounds like a great option for people who are wanting something a little lower than a 5-star restaurant, which is what we've always considered the specialties and even GDR to be, but not as crazy as Terrace Cafe.  We've tried TC a couple of times and the buffet thing plus scrounging to find a table wasn't our cup of tea for a nice/not fancy dinner.  I'm giving Ember a try for sure, and looking at the menu, I think I'm going to like it. (Yes, I may not order the cheeseburger or fish and chips, but I rarely eat those anywhere, even in Waves).

• Like 4

On 3/24/2023 at 4:20 PM, Woofa said:

It is my impression that embers is also open for lunch.

I was hoping it would be open for lunch but, according to the O website, it's only open for dinner from from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm.  They have another new restaurant, Aquamar, that will be open for breakfast & lunch but, looking at the sample menus, there's very little I'd like for breakfast or lunch.  

10 minutes ago, Cliff-FLL said:

I was hoping it would be open for lunch but, according to the O website, it's only open for dinner from from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm.  They have another new restaurant, Aquamar, that will be open for breakfast & lunch but, looking at the sample menus, there's very little I'd like for breakfast or lunch.  

For lunch always open: Terrace Cafe, The GDR, Waves Grill and Aquamar. I understand Red Ginger may be open for lunch too but not sure if that’s only on At Sea days. For some the new bakery next to Baristas May be enough. Seems like some of the menu Ember items seem suitable for lunch. 

• Thanks 1

From one of the waiters on the Marina, going to the Vista, she said the Embers would have a full bar to fix cocktails for diners. Margaritas, mojitos, beers, whatever. More like a fancier Applebees, TGIF,  or a J. Alexander’s. Completely new atmosphere for O. We’ll see fairly soon .

• Thanks 1

Earlier in the description they did have Ember open for lunch & Dinner

with reservations required for dinner

Maybe they have decided not to do lunch there ???

I guess we will know  in the next month or so 

16 hours ago, Cliff-FLL said:

French dip, fish & chips, cheeseburgers, mac & cheese.  Yeah!  We're talkin' Denny's on steroids!

Well  I guess  some people will try it  & the conoisseurs   will  eat ashore 🤔

Time will tell

• Like 1