Assigned boarding times

noppy

On 8/13/2021 at 3:34 PM, HicksRA said:

I recently checked in for a suite and didn’t see anything different than checking in on my balcony cruise. The only advantage I’ve heard of for a suite (and P’s) is that they allow an hour on either side of your assigned time to check in for boarding. 

I had the same experience checking in for a suite on Symphony of the Seas October 9th sailing. I have seen on the blog several posts regaring the 1 hour flexibility for check in times for suite guests. Has anyone seen that published anywhere? 

On 8/13/2021 at 8:04 PM, Lorey2007 said:

How will I know when check-in opens for my cruise?

If you download the app, it now tells you when check-in will open for your cruise. For my cruise later this year, check-in opens on the date final payment is due.

3 hours ago, smar1500 said:

I have seen on the blog several posts regaring the 1 hour flexibility for check in times for suite guests. Has anyone seen that published anywhere? 

That info has been coming from the Concierge and Genie emails prior to sailing.

So we sail in 2 weeks.  I went to look at latest check in window to guess when we are actually sailling. 4-430 is last check-in window in Galveston and I don't know when first window is. Pretty sure we will sail at 6pm from Galveston now as well.

When I booked and checked in the other day we got the 2pm slot which is now gone. I wonder how far any of the other slots are from being "sold out" as well.  If more don't close out I can probably safely assume that we are going to sail with fewer pax than could be accomodated under the reduced sailing protocol. 

Thinking thru what is possibly the max allowed on our sailing, I am guessing that each window of check-ins is limited to around 200-250 pax or 100-125 cabins more or less. If my guess is correct on that, and they have plenty of check-in stations open I'd think it should be pretty simple to get aboard. If only debark will go as smoothly. 

Wish I knew when first slot was to estimate how many folks will be onboard when we board, so I can figure if I need to run full speed to Chops et al to book my tables at the specialty dining venues. 

On 8/13/2021 at 3:27 PM, noppy said:

When I checked in for our Nov cruise, the only time available was 3:00pm. Was there better times if I checked in earlier? Do suites get better times?

That seems to be happening for a lot of November sailing. And for other people on these sailings there are no available times. It seems to be a problem with the system rather than it being a situation of the 3 pm being all that’s left. Hopefully they will fix the issue soon.

• 1 month later...

Just received my concierge letter for my upcomung cruise on Symphony of the Seas this Saturday October 9th. 

It does state that Sky Suite guests have Flexible Arrival allowing for a one hour window either before or after your assigned arrival time. Has anyone exercised this option at Miami's Terminal A since the re-start? 

Is there a seperate entrance or line for Suite guests?

Any input appreciated.