Is ship sponsored tour required in Cozumel with Celebrity?

LadyBerard

Cruising on the Constellation in Nov., and have read that a ship sponsored excursion is required on Celebrity's Healthy at Sea. 

Western Caribbean
On your own tours are permitted in Nassau and Roatan. Excursions provided by Celebrity Cruises are required in Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Then, I also read this:  

While Ashore

On-Your-Own tours are available unless locally restricted. While in port, guests must comply with local guidelines.  Excursions provided by Celebrity Cruises extend the same health and safety standards we’re following on board. Most experiences are outdoors, and guests will be encouraged to stay with their group. Buses will be at reduced capacity and will be sanitized frequently. Small Group Discoveries will be available, and for guests that prefer to tour with their family or group, Private Journeys will be available.  We’re working closely with local government to comply with their requirements. 

So, which is it?

I assume that you also posted this to the Celebrity board?

"On your own tours are permitted in Nassau and Roatan. Excursions provided by Celebrity Cruises are required in Costa Maya and Cozumel."

"On-Your-Own tours are available unless locally restricted." 

Reads clear to me that in both Mexico ports you are required to use a Celebrity tour.  Why Celebrity is requiring this in Mexico when other cruise lines are not is a question for the cruise line.

• Like 1