Another Cheers question...

babygrljaz

If Cheers is pre purchased & 1 person is a no show, will I get a refund for their portion or Cheers? I asked my pvp but he suggested I call Fun Shops but I was on hold a long time, I gave up. His response was it's only $5 more...yeah that per day. After gratuities it's actually $6.13 x 6 days x 3 people. It adds up. So anyway, thought I would ask here before attempting to call again. 

I was told that if it was part of the rate code used (RU1, RU2, RU3 or RU9) there is no refund. Not sure how you booked it. 

Since I get different answers depending on who I get on the phone, I am not sure that is correct, though. 

1 minute ago, tytanbri said:

I was told that if it was part of the rate code used (RU1, RU2, RU3 or RU9) there is no refund.

Well that would make sense - you bought the package deal, so you give up the whole package if you no-show.

I was thinking the OP was asking about pre-purchased Cheers, not part of the rate code package.

1 minute ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well that would make sense - you bought the package deal, so you give up the whole package if you no-show.

I was thinking the OP was asking about pre-purchased Cheers, not part of the rate code package.

I wasn't sure but when she said only $5 a day, I thought it may be. Thought I would include the information just in case.

1 minute ago, tytanbri said:

I wasn't sure but when she said only $5 a day, I thought it may be. Thought I would include the information just in case.

My interpretation (with a huge dose of assumption) was that the OP was comparing pre-purchase of Cheers, with a risk of a no show and no refund, with just waiting until on-board to buy but paying $5 + tax extra per day.

IMHO, since (again, AFAIK) Cheers would be fully refunded for a no-show, the pre-purchase is the way to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

My interpretation (with a huge dose of assumption) was that the OP was comparing pre-purchase of Cheers, with a risk of a no show and no refund, with just waiting until on-board to buy but paying $5 + tax extra per day.

IMHO, since (again, AFAIK) Cheers would be fully refunded for a no-show, the pre-purchase is the way to go.

Your assumption was correct. To avoid confusion I stated pre purchase Cheers not if Cheers was included with my rate.  Thank you for your response.  I hate that we're having to wait until possibly the last minute for a response for my sil's leave.  

My son and his wife will be booking a cruise together to celebrate our Silver and Golden anniversaries. We will be booking adjoining balcony cabins. My son and I drink enough to make the Cheers package practical. Our wives, on the other hand may have 7 or 8 drinks the entire cruise. You see the problem. Our solution was for my son and I to book one cabin and our wives the other, and do a cabin switch after boarding. My son and I would get the Cheers package, and our wives would not. One problem would be one person in each cabin wouldn't have a key for their cabin. That is solved by having the room steward open the partition between the balconies so both cabins can be accessed through the balcony. The big problem, though, is the credit cards attached to the sign and sail card. Could my son attach his credit card to him and his wife's sign and sail card and me do the same? It would mean we would have to order our cheers package seperately. Has anyone ever done this?

guest services will swap you on the ship, or give you an extra key. Not all partitions open on balconies.

For charging you can set up 4 charging accounts easily when you check in online. I normally don't do separate to make it easier, but in this case I see the value in having separate accounts for each cabin mate. Make sure you understand how any OBC is being split and applied to the accounts/folios, so that you use it up rather than waste it.

oh wow they answered immediately today 😃

anyway update in case anyone wanted to know.  They said just call the day before we cruise if we know for sure 1 person will be a no show and they will refund only that person's portion.  But he said i do have to call to have it done, it will not be automatically done.

• 8 months later...
On 8/19/2021 at 11:52 AM, babygrljaz said:

Your assumption was correct. To avoid confusion I stated pre purchase Cheers not if Cheers was included with my rate.  Thank you for your response.  I hate that we're having to wait until possibly the last minute for a response for my sil's leave.  

What was your outcome? I probably will have a similar situation. There will be three of us in a room but one probably not go. I paid for their Cheers package so I hope if will go back to my credit card if they do not go.

2 hours ago, tytanbri said:

What was your outcome? I probably will have a similar situation. There will be three of us in a room but one probably not go. I paid for their Cheers package so I hope if will go back to my credit card if they do not go.

He was able to go.  Got his leave approved the day before they were flying out to the port.  I have seen this question pop up a few times though.  All have said they got a refund