Where do I go to wave at the departing cruise ships at the Port of Miami?

Silent Penguin

You are a good sport!   

They all leave at different time but you could take a harbor cruise of Biscayne Bay looking at all the fancy houses and wave while you are on board!  Be sure to check out Wynwood, Little Havana, Little Haiti, the Everglades and Big Cypress Preserve and the 10,000 Islands (take an organized tour) as well as Viscaya and South Beach! Kimpton Surfcomber and th other couple Kimpton properties down here are having a special in September...I know all about them (wink, wink). You could also rent the Citi Bikes and drive alongside Macarthur Causeway waving as you go...or go have lunch on Fisher Island via the ferry.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 9:44 PM, Cienfuegos said:

The Smith & Wollensky restaurant at South Pointe, Miami Beach is also a good location, from what I've been told. It's right on the channel, with good food

Oh my......a blast from the past.  We were sitting at a table at Crawdaddy's (now Smith & Wollensky) watching the SS Norway sail by when my now DH presented me with an engagement ring!  People at the tables around us saw what was happening and clapped!  Of course, that was 26 years ago but it's still fresh in my mind.  Exactly one year later to the day, we were on the SS Norway on our honeymoon as we sailed past the restaurant.  Great place to have a drink and watch the ships leave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2