NY Residents who prepaid to keep PVP Insurance....

vjmatty

I live in New York and prepaid my PVP.  When I go to my cruise summary and selected PVP it confirms that I have travel insurance thru Princess.  

I filed a complaint with my State Senator & Assemblyman regarding this decision by the NYS Department of Finance.  I did receive correspondence stating they are investigating why NYS is the only State in the country that prohibits residents from purchasing PVP. 

• Like 1

Ok, then it must just be my customer service representative that screwed up. I'm chatting with Princess now to see what happened. Thank goodness it was our own booking and not that of a real client. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Yep, somebody screwed up.....I have to call customer relations tomorrow to see if they can reapply the payment to recover PVP coverage.

Glad the cruise  is a year away.

Good luck, but with the cutoff date for having that coverage now passed, this is going to be difficult.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Good luck, but with the cutoff date for having that coverage now passed, this is going to be difficult.

I'm not holding my breath, but hopefully there is a record of my calling Princess to prepay the premium.....aren't those calls "recorded for quality assurance purposes" as they say? I mean there is definitely a paper trail but I realize I may have to buy insurance elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

I'm not holding my breath, but hopefully there is a record of my calling Princess to prepay the premium.....aren't those calls "recorded for quality assurance purposes" as they say? I mean there is definitely a paper trail but I realize I may have to buy insurance elsewhere. 

Yes, they do say that. But, does is say they save it, or for how long?

There should also be a paper trail of how much you paid which can show that you did prepay your full premium.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:23 AM, Syracusefan44 said:

I live in New York and prepaid my PVP.  When I go to my cruise summary and selected PVP it confirms that I have travel insurance thru Princess.  

I filed a complaint with my State Senator & Assemblyman regarding this decision by the NYS Department of Finance.  I did receive correspondence stating they are investigating why NYS is the only State in the country that prohibits residents from purchasing PVP. 

This happened to us as well and we had to call Princess to get it back.  See the previous thread...

On 8/29/2021 at 4:02 PM, ontheweb said:

Yes, they do say that. But, does is say they save it, or for how long?

There should also be a paper trail of how much you paid which can show that you did prepay your full premium.

Well it looks like there was a paper trail….after half an hour on hold, then another hour on hold again after taking to the representative, then being switched to a different representative, PVP was reinstated. Hopefully this won’t happen again. 

1 hour ago, Centsless_Cruiser said:

This happened to us as well and we had to call Princess to get it back.  See the previous thread...

Not sure how I missed your thread a month ago but my experience was the same….. you and I must have had the same agent back in July when we prepaid our premiums. After almost two hours on the phone today, we’re back to being insured. 

35 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Well it looks like there was a paper trail….after half an hour on hold, then another hour on hold again after taking to the representative, then being switched to a different representative, PVP was reinstated. Hopefully this won’t happen again. 

Glad it worked out for you thought that is 1 1/2 hours of your life you will never get back.

• Like 1