Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

oddly enough, we're booked on the jewel from panama city jan 26th, 2023, and i got the upgrade offer a few weeks ago.  we're in the haven 2 bedroom suite with 3 people so i needed the extra bathroom so the 3rd person could have some privacy (just a very close friend) 

since any other cabins wouldnt work, i put in a minimum bid for the 3 bedroom. let you all know what happens, but i have no realistic expectations of winning the bid.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

Our offers are still pending on the NCL Escape and we are 12 days out. I am guessing we will find out sometime next week. We are currently bidding on 4 categories, 3 Haven suites and 1 non Haven.

It seems like very few people post on here that their offers were actually excepted 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jpepin92 said:

It seems like very few people post on here that their offers were actually excepted 

yes, i mostly think is because if they are accepted they are already on the ship or in a place with limited WIFI...For instance, our cruise in Nov 1 and we will be traveling on the 30th which is Sunday, So hopefully we will hear something by that Friday. Will definitely post whether it was a yes or nay...LOL

I have today received the email asking me if I want to bid for an upgrade, it offers me Haven cabins even though on NCL Website for the last 3 weeks they have been 'Sold out'.    I assume this is in case they get last minute cancellations?  I declined as I am happy to stick with my club balcony cabin.

• Like 1

I have bids in for a sailing on 10/23. Up until a few days ago, there was lots of availablity in Haven (around 30 cabins across all categories). Now there is no availabiltiy - but I've not had any notification if bids have been successful or rejected, nor an invitation to a live 'auction' nor a change in status from 'pending' to 'processing' etc.

So a bit odd  - I'd have thought they'd want to keep 'full price' Haven suites available for sale as long as possible - but is taking the suites down just before sailing part of processing the bids?

2 hours ago, fenny7cats said:

I have today received the email asking me if I want to bid for an upgrade, it offers me Haven cabins even though on NCL Website for the last 3 weeks they have been 'Sold out'.    I assume this is in case they get last minute cancellations?  I declined as I am happy to stick with my club balcony cabin.

Correct, you never know what someone misses the cruise. On our last cruise they gave away a Haven Cabin on day 2. It was part of some game you bought tickets for.

6 hours ago, Captain-John said:

I have bids in for a sailing on 10/23. Up until a few days ago, there was lots of availablity in Haven (around 30 cabins across all categories). Now there is no availabiltiy - but I've not had any notification if bids have been successful or rejected, nor an invitation to a live 'auction' nor a change in status from 'pending' to 'processing' etc.

So a bit odd  - I'd have thought they'd want to keep 'full price' Haven suites available for sale as long as possible - but is taking the suites down just before sailing part of processing the bids?

We are on a 10/23 sailing for 21 nights and the bids were processed on Tuesday for almost all categories.

We got our Haven, friends went from inside to Balcony.

I also know that a couple others on our roll call here also got upgrades but some still have no notice.

On our sailing, Haven went live bidding.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

We are on a 10/23 sailing for 21 nights and the bids were processed on Tuesday for almost all categories.

I also know that a couple others on our roll call here also got upgrades but some still have no notice.

How much did you bid?

12 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I have relatives travelling on the same sailing who arrived in Seattle last night. They have also bid (not high, not low) and outcome not known - we are assuming it's a decline but seems odd some people have been informed and some have not.

I'm in the same position for the Epic on Sunday, but we have a very quiet roll call so not sure if others have heard by now. All part of the fun?! 🙂

23 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

I have relatives travelling on the same sailing who arrived in Seattle last night. They have also bid (not high, not low) and outcome not known - we are assuming it's a decline but seems odd some people have been informed and some have not.

I'm in the same position for the Epic on Sunday, but we have a very quiet roll call so not sure if others have heard by now. All part of the fun?! 🙂

If it's for a lower category all hope is not lost.

Haven and club suites appear to be done.

So I've got some bids on the NCL Joy NY to Bermuda (11/5).  Current room is an aft-facing balcony non-Haven and bids are on Haven rooms.  No aft-facing Haven rooms seem to be available, but I left my bids in place for those.  Those bids are higher than the bids I have for other Haven room categories that *do* have availability, so that has me wondering/worried if NCL's algorithms might work such that I won't get accepted on bids for rooms that are available just in case another room might become available later (due to cancellation or room switch/upgrade) where they'd stand to make more money off of me.

Basically, I'm wondering if removing all higher-valued bids for rooms that aren't available as of today would improve my chances of getting accepted for a lower-valued bid on a room that *is* available.

57 minutes ago, CT-Scott said:

So I've got some bids on the NCL Joy NY to Bermuda (11/5).  Current room is an aft-facing balcony non-Haven and bids are on Haven rooms.  No aft-facing Haven rooms seem to be available, but I left my bids in place for those.  Those bids are higher than the bids I have for other Haven room categories that *do* have availability, so that has me wondering/worried if NCL's algorithms might work such that I won't get accepted on bids for rooms that are available just in case another room might become available later (due to cancellation or room switch/upgrade) where they'd stand to make more money off of me.

Basically, I'm wondering if removing all higher-valued bids for rooms that aren't available as of today would improve my chances of getting accepted for a lower-valued bid on a room that *is* available.

I would say no.

Most money they can make from a given room has no bearing on anything else.

I just won a Haven for tomorrow bidding from seven categories.

• Like 1

once you get the upgrade, you cannot cancel. you can cancel anytime up to acceptance of your bid.

your situation is what happens when you try and upgrade, but are traveling with another couple.

if the other couple doesnt get the haven upgrade, yes, in effect you wont be sailing together. you will get the haven perks, they wil not, or vice versa. they can come up to your cabin and that's about it.

in the alternative, try and bid for the 2 bedroom. the 2nd room is small, but you'll be traveling together and getting the perks of thehaven 

19 minutes ago, curlstravel said:

We Put in an upgrade for our December cruise about a month ago. We just added one person to our room so we have three people in the room instead of two. Do I need to change our upgrade offer?

No the bid is per person for the first two only.

On 10/20/2022 at 9:36 AM, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

We are on the Joy 10/29 and I continue to get Upgrade Advantage e-mails. The Club Balcony has been dropped to a $90pp CAD min bid.

Ottawa Canada? I'm also on the Joy leaving the 29 and have bid on an upgrade. This will be my first cruise with NCL, my bfs first cruise and my first cruise in 8 years so I am really hoping one of my bids gets accepted.