Has anyone been in a MG excel aft suite? worth the extra cost?

funshipcruiser2

We just cancelled ours for our January cruise.  We sat down and decided for the actual amount of time that we are on our balcony it really was not worth the price.  We were booking for the novelty of having one.  We have a hot tub at home and a great deck and screened in porch and then along came an offer for a free balcony which with the OBC made the offer much more attractive.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dbrucern said:

We just cancelled ours for our January cruise.  We sat down and decided for the actual amount of time that we are on our balcony it really was not worth the price.  We were booking for the novelty of having one.  We have a hot tub at home and a great deck and screened in porch and then along came an offer for a free balcony which with the OBC made the offer much more attractive.  

I did the same for a Sept 22 cruise. In addition to the above I am also not happy that you only get the soda package and *can't* upgrade that to the drinks package...you just have to buy it outright.

14 hours ago, alyssamma said:

I did the same for a Sept 22 cruise. In addition to the above I am also not happy that you only get the soda package and *can't* upgrade that to the drinks package...you just have to buy it outright.

If you want an alcoholic drinks package thrown in, pick another cruise line that does it like NCL, MSC, Princess or Celebrity.  If you wish to remain on Carnival, then pick a cheaper cabin so you can afford Cheers.  I'm sure you can afford Cheers and the more expensive cabin, so quit whining about it.  We don't make the rules, we just play the game.  If you don't like the rules on Carnival, choose another line.

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

If you want an alcoholic drinks package thrown in, pick another cruise line that does it like NCL, MSC, Princess or Celebrity.  If you wish to remain on Carnival, then pick a cheaper cabin so you can afford Cheers.  I'm sure you can afford Cheers and the more expensive cabin, so quit whining about it.  We don't make the rules, we just play the game.  If you don't like the rules on Carnival, choose another line.

LOL, you got up on the wrong side of the bed, huh? Who hurt you?

Wasn't whining at all. Was actually agreeing with the earlier poster that I downgraded the cabin. I also pointed out what I perceive to be an issue with the current perks. But I guess in your world anyone who says anything negative at all about Carnival is whining. Sorry, didn't realize the rules.

I also didn't say I wanted a *free* bev package, so I guess you don't read well. I said I wanted the ability to *upgrade* from what they give you...big difference.

Jeez, hope you have a happier day that you had yesterday...up in the middle of the night to dump on someone for no reason.

Edited by alyssamma
  • Like 2