On a B2B cruise 14 day, what do you do when in port like Miami?

codeyell0

Unless I'm wrong. These seem to be 2 separate cruises. But some people take both and most people leave /join
What do people do while everyone else is leaving and boarding? Can you just leave and return with ease like if you were at another port?

Thanks

You have to leave the ship as it's a customs and immigration requirement for the ship to have a zero passenger count before new passengers embark.

There are choices for passengers on a B2B. Leave the ship as you would in any other port, go off on an excursion or enjoy a day trip of your own, clearing customs on your return. Alternatively, passengers meet at a prearranged area on the ship, temporarily leave as a group to clear customs and immigration and return to the ship. 

We did the latter and whilst it takes a while is less onerous in reality than it sounds. 

When I sailed on Seaside between b2b in Miami I got off the ship 30 mins to embarkation to take some pictures of the ship.  I ran down the stairs and gangway and off the ship. After 20 mins I ran back up in no time because everyone was already on the ship. It was like I was in any other port. The crew probably thought it was strange but I wanted to do it so I did. 

FYI, this was after I did the "off the ship and back on" turn around thing they make you do.

Edited by kilkoyne
  • Like 1

Also, those doing B2B must present another negative Covid test result for second cruise.

Reports from other cruisers are mixed. MSC providing second test for either $120 or free for fully vaxed guests. We are bringing Binax NOW Ag telemonitored tests with us, just in case.