Change in acceptable mixed vaccinations to be considered fully vaccinated.

redtop101

NCL has recently updated their web page for vaccines that will be accepted for ships embarking or disembarking at US ports. This is good news for Canadian cruisers and other countries that were subject to having to accept the “vaccine of the day” when they went for their shots. This was due to supply problems with Pfizer and Moderna and so many Canadians had to have whatever mRNA was in stock on the day of their appointments. So here is the change and addition to the vaccines that will be accepted to be fully vaccinated, taken from their updated web page:

• A mixed vaccination protocol of only Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna combinations (mRNA vaccines) with a minimum interval of 28 days.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, redtop101 said:

NCL has recently updated their web page for vaccines that will be accepted for ships embarking or disembarking at US ports. This is good news for Canadian cruisers and other countries that were subject to having to accept the “vaccine of the day” when they went for their shots. This was due to supply problems with Pfizer and Moderna and so many Canadians had to have whatever mRNA was in stock on the day of their appointments. So here is the change and addition to the vaccines that will be accepted to be fully vaccinated, taken from their updated web page:

• A mixed vaccination protocol of only Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna combinations (mRNA vaccines) with a minimum interval of 28 days.

This is good news to Canadians and possibly Europeans whenever they are allowed to travel to USA.

Both Pfizer and Moderna are mRNA vaccines and mixed vaccination was approved by our Canadian health experts.  As you mentioned, we didn't have the luxury to chose our vaccine as measures had to be taken to curb this pandemic.

Looks like commonsense is finally prevailing.

• Like 3

Read the thread title - got my hopes up only to be shot down again. My wife has the AstraZeneca Moderna mix so she is still considered unvaccinated. At this point there must be data proving the effectiveness of mixing but whatever. My final payment is two weeks out so maybe things will change, but I’m not holding my breath,

10 hours ago, redtop101 said:

Thank you for posting that information.  We already cancelled our November TA but looks good for Panama to San  Diego in March.

They need to modify the first paragraph. One statement appears to contradict the other. 

For ships embarking or disembarking at US ports:

• U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized single brand vaccination protocol 2 weeks after receipt of the final dose. Including, J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford (also known as Covishield and Vaxzervria), Sinopharm BIBP and Sinovac. These vaccines are listed as examples. Refer to FDA or WHO websites for full approved current list. Mixed vaccination protocol will not be accepted (i.e. Pfizer + Moderna or AstraZeneca + Pfizer, etc).

1 hour ago, gmbhardy said:

Read the thread title - got my hopes up only to be shot down again. My wife has the AstraZeneca Moderna mix so she is still considered unvaccinated. At this point there must be data proving the effectiveness of mixing but whatever. My final payment is two weeks out so maybe things will change, but I’m not holding my breath,

My son has the AZ & Moderna mix and he can’t go on a Celebrity cruise either to celebrate his wife’s 50th birthday. I know Princess will accept 1 AZ plus 2 mRNA, but the problem is he cannot get another Moderna in BC for travel. 

17 minutes ago, armwinder said:

They need to modify the first paragraph. One statement appears to contradict the other. 

For ships embarking or disembarking at US ports:

• U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized single brand vaccination protocol 2 weeks after receipt of the final dose. Including, J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford (also known as Covishield and Vaxzervria), Sinopharm BIBP and Sinovac. These vaccines are listed as examples. Refer to FDA or WHO websites for full approved current list. Mixed vaccination protocol will not be accepted (i.e. Pfizer + Moderna or AstraZeneca + Pfizer, etc).

I agree it is confusing. They haven’t got around to modifying it. I think the difference is that it must be at least 28 days after the first dose. I did confirm with a live chat that the sentence in green was just added a couple of days ago. 

20 hours ago, redtop101 said:

I agree it is confusing. They haven’t got around to modifying it. I think the difference is that it must be at least 28 days after the first dose. I did confirm with a live chat that the sentence in green was just added a couple of days ago. 

Looks like the protocol has been modified again and the first ambiguous sentence has been deleted.   Pfizer and Moderna mix is acceptable, at least for now.  

• Like 1