Will St. Thomas let you off the ship if not booked with a cruise line excursion???

NWHairGal

Heard from a cruise line agent  today that some islands are not allowing passengers off the ship, regardless of vaccination status, unless you are on a cruise line excursion.  He said that status can change.  Of course I'm thinking that's a great ploy to get someone to book via the cruise line, but am wondering if anyone knows if St, Thomas is such an island that has done this since Covid has been an issue?   I love to do my own thing on a cruise, but also don't want to be stuck on the ship either.  Any insight on this?

Last I saw was back in August where the Governor requested updates from the CDC (which have since changed), stipulated they would be followed and then proceeded to close beaches  at 4PM and limit crowds to under 50 persons.  But I've seen nothing about not allowing passengers off the ships.

I think a couple of Celebrity ships were in ST earlier this month, but Celebrity passengers are supposed to be fully vaccinated.  

I have been following the news as best I can.  St Maarten is one of the islands that is NOT allowing cruise passengers to get off the ship unless they are on a "bubble tour", but so far, St. T is still allowing cruise ship passengers to get off on their own.   

As blue-water notes, the rules change frequently!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 9:33 PM, Mike45LC said:

I have been following the news as best I can.  St Maarten is one of the islands that is NOT allowing cruise passengers to get off the ship unless they are on a "bubble tour", but so far, St. T is still allowing cruise ship passengers to get off on their own.   

As blue-water notes, the rules change frequently!

I think St Maarten is fine to do self excursions unless on Celebrity. Everything I have seen for St Thomas is that it is completely open if vaxxed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 9:50 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

I think St Maarten is fine to do self excursions unless on Celebrity. Everything I have seen for St Thomas is that it is completely open if vaxxed.

We were in St Marten on Sept. 22,  vaccinated passengers were allowed off the ship on their own, unvaccinated could only get off if on a ship excursion.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2