Everything.. Norwegian Viva/Prima class #2

FreestyleNovice

19 hours ago, omahabob said:

You do realize that's somewhat of an oxymoron, right?  😄

I’m not an experienced TA cruiser but I’d assume Lisbon to Miami could be warmer than London to NY. Either way, I’m determined to use the outdoor space if the weather is even remotely better than the Sept 2022 TA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mast3rn8 said:

I’m not an experienced TA cruiser but I’d assume Lisbon to Miami could be warmer than London to NY. Either way, I’m determined to use the outdoor space if the weather is even remotely better than the Sept 2022 TA.

Yeah, it occurred to me that a Caribbean to Med (or vice versa) TA would be warmer. Of course, that occurred to me AFTER I made that post above.

Edited by omahabob
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 2:18 PM, JIMESOPUS said:

Love these!!!! 
is it just me, or does the ship seem busier than the Prima? Maybe it’s just all the construction? 

Warmest, Amy

• Like 1

14 hours ago, amygutman said:

Love these!!!! 
is it just me, or does the ship seem busier than the Prima? Maybe it’s just all the construction? 

Warmest, Amy

They are great photos! I appreciate @JIMESOPUS sharing them. 

It seems about as busy as Pr1ma to me, but I'll be honest that I haven't followed many images of Pr1ma. Just the travails posted here on Cruise Critic.

I wonder if Cruise Critic is just full of a bunch of negative people (ok, ok...), but it's interesting V!va has the same slides going down the side. If there were such vitriol from all the actual passengers, not just Cruise Critic crowd, one would think the slides would have been eliminated. 

Did I read correctly, that you're booked on V!va? 

5 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

They are great photos! I appreciate @JIMESOPUS sharing them. 

Did I read correctly, that you're booked on V!va? 

Yes great photos. Thank you @JIMESOPUS.

I thought long and hard over the 4th of July holiday about booking you  @cruiseny4life on the Viva TA but concluded that I could not afford the lifestyle to which you've become accustomed, so I am sending myself in your stead...third class.

• Haha 5

56 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Yes great photos. Thank you @JIMESOPUS.

I thought long and hard over the 4th of July holiday about booking you  @cruiseny4life on the Viva TA but concluded that I could not afford the lifestyle to which you've become accustomed, so I am sending myself in your stead...third class.

What?!?! 

All I ask for is unlimited lobster tail, filets, someone to wait on me every moment of the day, and a hot tub to soak in when I'm not being served lobster. How is this too much? 

Alas, I fear I'm more familiar with those third class digs than first class...says he who had to pick up his dog's lovely waste from the floor, this very morning. Not very Havenlike! 

But really, enjoy your cruise! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it (if you so choose to share the deets). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

and a hot tub to soak in when I'm not being served lobster…

why not save time by sharing the hot tub with lobsters?

my experience has been that if you slip the attendants twenty bucks* at just the right moment, they will happily fill the tub with drawn butter. 

i like to think this is much more humane than dropping the lobsters into boiling water.  they get to enjoy a bit of a holiday, just like us, before making the ultimate sacrifice.

————

*yes, I know… tipping is a highly personal matter. some might tip only a fiver for this service, some might tip fifty, some might not tip at all. i’ve had the best success with a discreet twenty. anything less, i find they take shortcuts and you might wind up with a hot tub filled with margarine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I requested an extra creaky cabin to not only relive, but also to enhance my experience from the Prima TA.

This time we are higher up, so those who walk on deck #8 ( Ocean Walk ) can't look up into our balcony. Also, we are more forward so we can't hear the trap door opening and people screaming that they are stuck in the dry slides.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, UKstages said:

why not save time by sharing the hot tub with lobsters?

I'm not sure which one of us would come out red first!

And don't give NCL any ideas -- they might decide to turn the hot tub water into a base for lobster bisque (sustainability and all that sort of thing....)

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

we can't hear the trap door opening and people screaming that they are stuck in the dry slides.

that’s fine, but you do realize, don’t you, that you’ve just cut out one of the primary entertainment options on the prima class ships? you may wish to reconsider.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

This time we are higher up, so those who walk on deck #8 ( Ocean Walk ) can't look up into our balcony. Also, we are more forward so we can't hear the trap door opening and people screaming that they are stuck in the dry slides.

We have an ADA deck 10 booked Nov 2024 TA  That should give us a good view of the slide 🙂  We might even have the bonus of a super creaky cabin too!

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey NCL, I know you are out there reading posts ( at least that's what some have written here on CC ). Since you are pretty good at changing itineraries here is an idea for you.

Drop Puerto Plata and added San Juan, this way Fonsi could board the ship at San Juan and triumphantly sailed into Miami, what a great photo opportunity, in my opinion, a improvement to the Pr1ma christening.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Yes, I paid close attention last year to the Prima deck plans when they became available. I knew I wanted to be forward and at least on deck 10 or higher to avoid the slides and have a clear view of the ocean, unencumbered by the Ocean Walk scene.  I was rather pleased at myself for such a smart decision when I boarded. The creaky cabin was just an added bonus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This entire thread is lit...at least NCL is getting their money's worth of advertising ahead of V1va's inaugural cruise. All press is good press, right? 

I'm looking forward to cruising Pr1ma or V!va in about five years...when all the above joked upon "features" have been worked out. 

I wonder if a butter filled tub would moisturize my skin? NY's winters are harsh! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

This entire thread is lit...at least NCL is getting their money's worth of advertising ahead of V1va's inaugural cruise. All press is good press, right? 

I'm looking forward to cruising Pr1ma or V!va in about five years...when all the above joked upon "features" have been worked out. 

I wonder if a butter filled tub would moisturize my skin? NY's winters are harsh! 

Are you really satisfied with just sitting back for the next 5 years while the rest of us slog through the wilds of Prima class exploration? I thought you were much more aventurous than that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Alas, I fear I'm more familiar with those third class digs than first class...says he who had to pick up his dog's lovely waste from the floor, this very morning. Not very Havenlike! 

Just call your butler... I don't think I've seen picking up dog waste in Gary's list of what butler will/won't do...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@omahabobhttps://www.cruisecritic.com/news/puerto-rican-singer-luis-fonsi-chosen-as-norwegian-viva-s-godfather

The TA will disembark on 11/27 and the ceremony will be the following day/night

Yes, I know. But your post said Prima christening, not Viva christening, hence my question. But, you've answered it now. You really meant to say Viva.

6 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Hey NCL, I know you are out there reading posts ( at least that's what some have written here on CC ). Since you are pretty good at changing itineraries here is an idea for you.

Drop Puerto Plata and added San Juan, this way Fonsi could board the ship at San Juan and triumphantly sailed into Miami, what a great photo opportunity, in my opinion, an improvement to the Pr1ma christening.

3 hours ago, omahabob said:

Yes, I know. But your post said Prima christening, not Viva christening, hence my question. But, you've answered it now. You really meant to say Viva.

@omahabob please reread @JIMESOPUS's post .... he said an improvement TO the Prima christening. 

We're on the same TA as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1