Everything.. Norwegian Viva/Prima class #2

FreestyleNovice

Norwegian-Prima-Float-Out-Launch.jpg.55ed0e5e00ade0266212bee523d80976.jpg

Currently under construction at the Fincantieri shipyard in Italy, the second hull of the Prima class which was previously known as Project Leonardo. Leonardo 2, Leo 2, Prima 2, etc. :classic_happy:

She's scheduled for a 2023 delivery. My guess is that will be March-May:

Prima's megablock was floated in at the end of October 2020, with Covid and being a first in class her building pace might be slower than her successor.  Currently Prima is set for a a June 2022 delivery and there's no mention of delay at this moment. So that makes some 19 months building time from the moment the megablock entered the Fincantieri Marghera dry dock in Venice. Leo 2 entered the dock in the first week of September 2021 plus some 19 months, March, April, May 2023..?

Onetime I ran across specific delivery months for each Leonardo ship but giving the constantly changing world and it was just one website mentioning them I kind of disregarded them, without itineraries out there's nothing to book so we will go by one at a time! 

Rumored names were posted in the Everything.. Prima thread and there was also mention of a Prima Plus/Prima+ class in the future for the ships on order. Similar to the Breakaway class which evolved into the Breakaway Plus class.

My biggest curiosity is if the ships will be any different from each other, which is to be expected with the long delivery timeline of a new ship each year up to 2027! And that's good news for us, hopefully we will have some different Everything.. threads along the way instead of cookie cutter ones! :classic_laugh:

Well, let's get to the point..

My friends and fellow enthusiasts, I hereby declare this thread opened! :classic_biggrin:

(Oh and I only had to because mixing the two ships in one thread would be messy, not because NCL wants or pays me to do.. :classic_ninja: Probably rather the opposite, makes sense not getting any free chocolate strawberries. But we did not even got our hands on the full deck plans this time? Okay, we had the track, the slides.. :classic_blush:)

Edited by CC Help Jenn
title per member
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Leo2 disappeared at the Port List of Cannes,

but still at Madeira at Nov. 18th, 2023

we will see if there is a change for the 2023 seasion.

there are some other ships with changes for 2023, so maybe they change something? we will see

NORWEGIAN AQUA 2019-10-17

NORWEGIAN VIVA 2019-10-17

NORWEGIAN BELLA 2019-10-17

NORWEGIAN ULTIMA 2019-10-17

NORWEGIAN VELA 2019-10-17

NORWEGIAN LUNA 2019-10-17

NORWEGIAN OMBRA 2019-10-18

If they want originality they can go with Aqua, Ombra, Vela, Viva & Ultima.

If they want again to copy Aida they will go with Bella & Luna.

https://uspto.report/company/Ncl-Corp-L-T-D

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 5:19 PM, peg013 said:

Can't wait to see what changes they make from Prima! I got distracted by Covid and almost missed booking Prima in the first few days...won't let that happen again! 🙃

be careful what you wish for .... buh-bye could go a free access top deck pool of any kind!  I shudder to think what else they could eliminate in favour of extra fees as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 8:40 PM, Steff79 said:

Leo2 disappeared at the Port List of Cannes,

but still at Madeira at Nov. 18th, 2023

we will see if there is a change for the 2023 seasion.

there are some other ships with changes for 2023, so maybe they change something? we will see

Leo 2 is now back at the Cannes port homepage.

and a little strange but:

10/08/2023 TBC NORWEGIAN LEONARDO 2

at ZeeBrugge

and at LeHavre is NCL Prima  at 05.  and 11. August 2023 . But the Prima is at these dates not there. Maybe they mean Leo2 and the ship ist coming short to North Europe and then going back to the Med??

21 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I have an unofficial confirmation that Prima class #2 will be called the "Norwegian VIVA"  The ship name has been added to their travel agent booking system in the drop down list of ships when beginning a new booking

475EE455-569B-4A76-BC86-1AF05DDC7EC4.jpeg

Good catch.   You are probably right. 

• 1 month later...